PR-OP

LEIYA
on 11/22/04 11:26 pm - BOSTON, MA
HI MY NAME IS LEIYA THOMAS, I AM HAVING OPEN GASTRIC BYPASS ON 12/08/04 AT THE BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL IN BOSTON MASS WITH DR. DAVID LAUTZ. MY QUESTIONS, TO ANYONE THAT ARE WILLING TO ANSWER ARE AS FOLLOWED: (1) HAVE ANYONE HAD SURGERY AT THE B&W HOSPITAL BEFORE? (2) WHAT'S EXPECTED DURING PRE-OP APPOINTMENT, MINE IS SCHEDULED 12/02/04. (3) THIS IS MY 3RD DAY WITHOUT A CIGARETTE, DO YOU THINK IT WILL AFFECT MY SURGERY AND WILL THEY RESCHEDULE? THANKS TO ANYONE ANSWERING LEIYA = OPEN RNY/12/08/04
(deactivated member)
on 11/23/04 10:38 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Leiya, My name is Kim. I had an Open RNY at Brigham & Womens' with Dr Robinson. My pre-op appt was so long ago.....I am trying to remember what it involved.....an EKG....general physical exam...nothing major. I have no idea about the cigarette question. I know that Dr Robinson is not thrilled about smoking. Congrats for going 3 days without!
Debbie R.
on 11/26/04 9:20 am - Woburn, MA
hi Leiya, I had my open RNY at the Brigham Last Wed. November 17th. As for all of my preop appointments here it goes ekg Ultra sound to look for gallstones (none thank god) Sleep Anea My surgery was performed by Dr. Robinson. for my preop appt. I got weighed in and Dr. Robinson asked if I understoond the risks of the surgery and asked if I had an questions. then he said okay, I'll see you next week. I had a wonderful experience at the brigham. I have no complaints. I have never had surgery before and was every scared about the entire process and I'm afraid of needles too. I can tell you that anything that they needed to do to me before surgery, such as IV's and Epidural Did not hurt. I was never in pain. After surgery the Nurses took extremely good care of me. I came home saturday and I feel great! I'm not sure about your smoking question as I quit about 12 years ago. Is the dr. aware of the fact that you smoke. Good luck to you. Have you attended any of the meetings at the Brigham? Is so we may have met. the meetings are held on the 2nd and th tuesdays of the month.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views