PRE-OP

LEIYA
on 11/22/04 10:55 pm - BOSTON, MA
HI MY NAME IS LEIYA THOMAS, I AM HAVING OPEN GASTRIC BYPASS ON 12/08/04 AT THE BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL IN BOSTON MASS WITH DR. DAVID LAUTZ. MY QUESTIONS, TO ANYONE THAT ARE WILLING TO ANSWER ARE AS FOLLOWED: (1) HAVE ANYONE HAD SURGERY AT THE B&W HOSPITAL BEFORE? (2) WHAT'S EXPECTED DURING PRE-OP APPOINTMENT, MINE IS SCHEDULED 12/02/04. (3) THIS IS MY 3RD DAY WITHOUT A CIGARETTE, DO YOU THINK IT WILL AFFECT MY SURGERY AND WILL THEY RESCHEDULE? THANKS TO ANYONE ANSWERING LEIYA = OPEN RNY/12/08/04
Lynn O.
on 11/23/04 9:21 am - Taunton, MA
Good luck Leiya! Keep up with the no smoking. It will only hinder your recovery. Lynn
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/24/04 2:54 am - 128 Belt, MA
hI Leiya, I had lap band with Dr.Lautz on 10/26. They took good care of me while at the brigham,but I was really only there 1 night, and you will be a few for the RNY. The pre-op was horrendous. I had an appt for 12:20 and I didn't get seen until 2:15. I had the biggest headache when I left. Physically, they just take your blood pressure, your blood and ask you your history over and over again.Meet with a nurse, then with an actual Anethesiologist. I have no idea on the cigarettes, I don't smoke. Good luck,and best wishes for a successful surgery. Joan f.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views