Therapist Referral Needed - HELP

Cindy M.
on 11/22/04 4:12 am - Franklin, MA
Trying to find a therapist - I live in Franklin and I work in Natick. I can use the one at Mass. General (where I am having my surgery) but she doesn't take my insurance which means it will cost me $95/week (which I can't really afford right now) plus the extra trip into Boston every week (1-1/2 hr. drive from home) in addition to what I am doing already will tick my boss off if I need to leave early 2X/week (already leaving once a week for my other pre-op stuff). So I'm in a bind.... My insurance company gave me a list in my area but I'm not able to reach anyone and they are not being response with return calls if I leave messages - so I thought I'd ask all of you I need to find a therapist somewhere between Natick/Framingham area and out to Franklin area - preferably one I can see early morning or night and one that (naturally) specializes in weight - obesity - WLS - etc. I need to start ASAP as it is a requirement of my pre-op program and need to find one by 1st week in December.... Can anyone help me? I am finding referrals on this site for surgeons & hospitals but not for therapists. THANKS! Cindy
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 11/22/04 8:43 am - 128 Belt, MA
Does Mass General require you to go to the psych more than once? I was banded at Brigham & Womens and it is a one time deal there, unless you need to go more. I have blue cross, and they subcontract with Magellan health. The psychiatrist at Brigham bills under B&W professional organization and then the Magellan accepts it. I did need to call Megellan and they coordinated the referrals. Let me know if I can assist. Joan F.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views