the biggest loser what do you think??

marypoco
on 11/16/04 11:00 am - amherst, MA
anyone out there watch the biggest loser? I've been watching it and it's o.k. I guess. If you can lose it that way more power to ya. BUT, who in the real world has a personal trainer working with you and Who is practually put into isolation so to speak away from real life.???? I feel for those contestants. They are pushed to such limits that I think I would have had a heart attack if I were one of those contestants the health I was in beforehand. So what is your input? What do you think of the show?? Mary
Vivid
on 11/17/04 1:18 pm - Western, MA
I think this show is another example of some desperate people willing to do anything to lose weight. I can't imagine putting myself on national TV to show my struggle and humiliation at not being able to lose weight every week. I think that this is just another "reality" show that is exploitive and frankly too difficult to watch. PS At least they are not eating live animals like some other trashy shows.
Knotty D.
on 11/17/04 10:27 pm - Marlborough, MA
PS At least they are not eating live animals like some other trashy shows. Well, not to burst your bubble, but do you know how much protein is in a hissing ****roach? I'd rather eat live bugs than some of the crap that was on my stage 3 and 4 diet. Thank goodness for stage 5! BTW most TV is trashy, and the lackluster assortment of TV fare has allowed me to maintain my exercise regime as I am not tethered to the TV anymore.
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/04 11:34 am - MA
I'm addicted to the show --- I absolutely love reality TV (it's my big guilty pleasure) and because the show is about weight loss, I love it even more. Yeah, it's terrible what's being done to those poor people, but I enjoy it. I'm attending the medical weight loss support group at Tufts-NEMC while I'm making a decision about surgery, and the show has been a frequent topic of discussion for us. Because I might not be able to have WLS because of my disability (I have spina bifida and use a wheelchair) it's also kind of inspiring me. I'd love to see the people on the show a couple of years from now, though...it doesn't seem like they're really making the behavioral changes that would enable them to keep the weight off.
Cindy M.
on 11/22/04 11:10 am - Franklin, MA
I refuse to watch it - I think it is a disgrace and is exploited obese people as a joke...I can't imagine anyone doing that - to me it would be so humiliating and being obese causes enough humiliation without putting mydself on national TV....I heard on radio today they are looking for people in Boston to do Big Loser #2 - you should have heard the so-called "jokes" the radio DJ's were making - completely insensitive and insulting to obese people with real problems in the real world - do we expect any different? A show like this makes fat people look like a joke and it's really sad.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views