The process

C L.
on 11/9/04 6:02 am - C, MA
Tomorrow night I am going to my first orientatoin meeting at UMASS MEMORIAL WEIGHT CENTER. I was wondering If anybody has gone throught umass for there surgery and how long does the process take. Whats the next step after these orientation meetings? TIA- Cindy
DENISE L.
on 11/9/04 10:21 am - ROCHDALE, MA
Hello Cindy I myself went thru the Umass program....My initial class was the 2 group mtgs started in May 2003...By May 2004 I was under the knife having my surgery, and I wasted no time went to every appointment date they gave me, re-arrange my work schedule cause these appontments were my priority.....But it is a patient process, you meet a lot of wonderful people along the way, staff other people in the program, and you learn so much about yourself and the addiction you have for food....Take in everything, learn what you can, and apply it as you go thru the surgery process....Cause in the end you will be the winner..I am 6 mos out and down 105 lbs....Good luck, keep your chin up, and do not stop dreaming, cause your dream is now not out of reach... Denise
C L.
on 11/10/04 2:12 am - C, MA
Thank you very much for responding- Im looking foward to tonight. Cindy
DJJCHARRIS
on 11/10/04 5:35 am - Winchendon, MA
Cindy, after you attend the 2 info meetings you will forwarded to nutrition and phyic for multiple meetings. The whole process took me 14 months from start to finish. However, I believe the process is working fast now - maybe 9 months. You need to follow all instructions to a T as not to hold your process up. I wish you all the best. Dawn -113
Krista B.
on 11/12/04 12:07 am - Leominster, MA
Hi Cindy, I am in the process right now with UMASS. I went to my second meeting Oct 27, turned in my paperwork that night, and I had an appointment with Dr. Gitkind (the medical intake) Nov 5. I have my pshyc intake Dec 16 (they're booking in Dec right now). After my intake with Dr. Gitkind, I have to take a Sleep Study (scheduled for Nov 30). I'm not sure yet how soon the appointments will be for nutrition and excercise. Hopefully very quickly after they pshyc intake. I guess they have changed the program recently, and it is a little different from what was required from a year ago. I'm right there with ya, and the way it looks we may have our surgeries a couple a weeks apart. Krista Pre-op 344
SteveApril45
on 11/13/04 8:40 pm - frostburg, MD
The process Tomorrow night I am going to my first orientatoin meeting at UMASS MEMORIAL WEIGHT CENTER. I was wondering If anybody has gone throught umass for there surgery and how long does the process take. Whats the next step after these orientation meetings? TIA- Cindy Hi Cindy I had my wls at umass on dec 1,2003.I was 565 on that day and now I weigh 353.I now live in Maryland but I lived in Worcester all my life.Mr Dr was Dr Kelly,he is the best.It took me a year before I had my wls but it was worth the wait.I am now living a real life and I am so happy.I go to the gym almost every day and it was all worth it.Good luck to you Cindy.....steve c
C L.
on 11/14/04 4:53 am - C, MA
Thanks for all your emails and responces- I will keep you posted of my progess- Cindy V
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views