losing slowly, but losing

NoSurrender
on 11/8/04 12:35 am - Oxford, MA
It IS frustrating to see that others that had surgery around the same time that I did have lost 50+, 60+ lbs. That would have been nice. I was hoping to be down 50 lbs. by Thanksgiving, but now I think I'll be lucky to reach that by Christmas. I know I'm not supposed to compare myself to others. I know I'm not supposed to live/die by the scale. I know that if I follow the rules I will lose weight. I guess I was just hoping that by now people would be telling me how great I look. Most don't even notice that I've lost weight. MaryAlice -34 since surgery
Kim T.
on 11/8/04 1:29 am - Dracut, MA
well you can say it, but you have to believe it... I'm a slow loser too, compared to most that had surgery in April they are all posting having lost 100+ lbs so far and i'm hanging and standing still at 78-79 lbs.(for about 3 weeks, stuck). i've just started having people notice. i know how frustrating it is!!! step away from the scale, you'll drive yourself mad!! your body will catch up, believe that!! i've decided i'm strictly going to concentrate on getting in extra protein, drinking extra water and go to curves at LEAST 3 times this week, pushing for 5!!! set a goal for yourself that doesnt include weight, like "i will drink 60 oz of water a day for 5 days this week" if you concentrate on that and not the numbers you'll feel better and i betcha that scale will move!!! lots of luck, hang in there!! ~Kim 262/183/healthy!!
Carolyn A.
on 11/8/04 5:41 am - Whitman, MA
Hi Mary Alice, You are doing great. We all lose at our own rate. I had surgery 8/17/04, starting at 278lbs. Today had 3 month check-up and now weigh 243lbs. I'm very happy with that. Depending on what you weigh depends on how fast you lose. I gets lots of compliments now. Clothes from 24 to 18 now. You are doing tremendously. Hang in there. Carolyn
Donna D.
on 11/10/04 4:09 am - Randolph, MA
Mary Alice, I can sympathize with you. I am doing the same as you, loosing slowly & comparing myself to others. It's human nature to do it. I keep thinking I'm eating too much or not enough protein but I keep at it. I need to do the exercise though, that is the key that I haven't started as yet. Like you I'm happy with my weight loss so far but wi**** was more. I am wearing the same clothes I was pre-op, they just fit the way they were supposed to Donna -64
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views