Stricture

Luann S.
on 10/30/04 5:26 am - Randolph, MA
Hi all! Boy is this board quiet! I had a follow-up visit with Dr. Hess yesterday, (6 weeks post-op)-down another 6 lbs= -44 lbs! This feels good, clothes getting looser all the time and have already given away several pieces of clothing to a friend. However, there are very few soft foods I can tolerate without severe discomfort or vomiting ! So I am feeling very tired in general and end up sleeping for a few hours when I do vomit Not really conducive to returning to work, plus I still have a healing wound that requires daily dressing changes that I can finally manage on my own! I have to have an upper GI and a dilation if there is a stricture. About the only things I can tolerate eating are soup (broth), popsicles and fruit 2 O ice (sugar free of course) and cheese. Anyone else have this problem and did the dilation fix things? I am getting kind of frustrated thinking that food should be better tolerated by now. If something causes me to vomit I don't want to go near it again! Dr. Hess says a stricture is pretty rare, but it has to be ruled out. I think I am eating slowly and chewing well. I am getting much better at knowing when to stop eating (i.e before it is uncomfortable!) but I would hate to think that eating is going to be this much of a chore forever! Thanks all, I know there will be lots of helpful responses Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -44lbs
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 10/31/04 1:20 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Luann, I am sorry I can't offer you any advise, but I do hope they can figure this out for you. My thoughts are with you for a speedy solution! Joan F.
cinnponce
on 10/31/04 2:36 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Luann, I did not have that problem but I know someone who did get a stricture. She had to have an endoscopy and they stretched it 3cm. She is doing much better now and is able to keep things down. She has to go back in 3 weeks and have it checked. Good Luck to you. Sue
Luann S.
on 10/31/04 7:05 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks for the good thoughts and info! I will keep you posted! Luann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs