Gaining wt. please help with support

siahny B.
on 10/23/04 11:53 am - cambridge, MA
Hello all I am 2.5 years post op and am gaining wt. I gained 15 pounds and truly freightened that I will gain the wt back. I began at 297 and am now 220. Please offer all of the advise you have. I am a night nibbler. Is there also a site that i can attend a meeting for support online. Thankyou, Siahny
cinnponce
on 10/23/04 11:09 pm - Seminole, FL
Does the hospital where you had your surgery have post-op support groups? If so, I would suggest you try to attend the support groups. They are a great way to keep you on track and very informational also. Sue
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 10/24/04 1:47 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Siahny, You are doing the right thing by asking for help. I would check your hospital for their support group, but there are many hospitals in the boston area with groups that I'm sure you could jump right in--and be a great resource with your 2.5 year experiences! Also, have you tried breaking your nighly nibbling habit by doing something else? Have you thought of going out to the library at night-no food at the library, or what about a craft- can't get your craft work dirty with cheetos crumbs! Just a thought to get you sidetracked and out of your nibbling routine. Good luck. Joan F.
siahny B.
on 11/28/04 2:10 am - cambridge, MA
Thankyou so much. I am going to begin crocheting and making earrings
lily K.
on 10/24/04 5:26 am - brockton, MA
dear siahny, get any and all "night nibbler" items out of the house, i know even now only 3 months out there are certain foods i can not keep in the house. also as everyone else has suggested go back to your surgeon and ask for help!! maybe meet with the nutritionist or therapist to find out why you are sabotaging your efforts to lose. good luck with the struggle, if they could only fix our heads instead of our stomachs it would be a lot easier. best of luck lilykate
Vivid
on 10/24/04 9:22 am - Western, MA
Siahny, you don't mention what kind of surgery you had. Did you have RNY or lap band?
siahny B.
on 11/28/04 2:12 am - cambridge, MA
RnY. Thanks
Debbie R.
on 10/25/04 4:12 am - Woburn, MA
Hi Siahny, Sorry that your having such a difficult time! I noticed that you are a patient of Dr. Randall's. Have you been to any of his meetings at the hospital lately? I ask this becuase although I am not a patient of his and I'm still preop I went to a meeting last thurdsay and the nutritionist said that they are actually starting a nutrition meeting for patient that are at least 8 months out. and most insurances pay for it. So you might want to call his office. Good luck, Deb
siahny B.
on 11/28/04 2:14 am - cambridge, MA
Thanks Debbie. I will look into that . Actually I will call tommorrow. I am now 220 pounds. Had gone down to 206
Carolyn A.
on 10/26/04 1:51 am - Whitman, MA
HI Siahny, I would get back in touch with the nutritionist. I am 10weeks post and hit a plateau at 26lbs lost. We adjusted how I was eating and 5 dyas later I was down 5lbs more. Sometimes we think lowfat is enough, but I found I was still eating too many calories. Keep in touch with your progress, You can still do it. You have done great so far. Carolyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views