Any Tufts-NEMCers?

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/04 10:27 am - MA
Hi all! I'm new to the site and just started learning about WLS. I'm a junior at BC (Go Eagles!! We're about to kick some Notre Dame butt tomorrow! ) and started the medical program at the OCC this week. I've been thinking about surgery for about a year and I'm considering pursuing the surgical track. I'm just curious to know how your experience at Tufts has been and why your surgeon (Shikora, Tarnoff, or Kim) is the best. It's great to be here! ~Jen
lily K.
on 10/22/04 11:02 am - brockton, MA
dear jen had lap RNY at NEMC in july, had dr kim, i did not pick her she was who they assigned me to, she did a great job, i was out in 2 days and had no complications. you actually spend more time with the other staff (behavioral therapists, PA's, and nutritionists) i had one appt with dr kim before my surgery, and all my questions were answered. she was there after surgery and also stopped in to see me each day i was in the hospital. NEMC has agreat pre and post op program, i started in april 2004,and at that time had not made a decision to have the surgery, but i had been investigating it for the last several years. for me it has been a godsend, i have lost over 65 lbs(pre and post op) and all my health issues have cleared up (i am a lot older than you and the older you get the more the obesity affects your health!) but it is a BIG BIG decision and your relationship with food changes forever. the first few weeks are very difficult as you learn to eat to live not live to eat. so good luck with your decision, if you have any questions please feel free to email me lilykate
cinnponce
on 10/23/04 6:33 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Jen, I had my LAP RYN on Sept 13. I had Dr Tarnoff and he was great. I have not heard a bad thing about any of the surgeons at NEMC. I also met more with the support staff than Dr Tarnoff. I did request Dr Tarnoff though. I had sent an e-mail and he got back to me the same day. From what I understand, they assist each other anyway. My hospital stay (only 2 and a half days) was fantastic. The staff was excellent. I had no complications and I have not been sick once since surgery. I'm so glad I chose NEMC to have my surgery. Good Luck to you. Sue
Lisa H.
on 10/24/04 9:57 am - Boston, MA
Hey Jen I see you all did beat the Notre Dame not b alot but so what a win is a win so congrats.... I had m surgery on 8/30/04 I had it with DR.Tarnoff and he is a sweetie but they all are sweeties... I had some difficulties with vomtting so I was admitted back into the hospaital I had to et a pic line and and DR. KIM put it in... when they make their rounds in the hospital all of them come to see you s you get to meet them all.... so good luck Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views