What to bring for Hospital stay

Bonnie R.
on 10/18/04 9:42 am - Springfield, MA
Hi, I have my pre-op tomorrow it may provide the help I need but in the mean time I am wondering what is necessary to bring to the Baystate Hospital with me for after surgery. Anyone who went through this have any ideas? Bonnie
Lisa D.
on 10/18/04 11:42 pm - Stoneham, MA
I just brought a change of clothes and minimal toiletries. I had my surgery at Lawrence Memorial and they met all of my needs. You will have very little needs except sleep.. so I wouldnt worry about it. I never even looked at a book or magazine. I just slept for 5 days. Good luck on you journey~! Lisa 2/11/04 456/293/180
DJJCHARRIS
on 10/19/04 2:45 am - Winchendon, MA
I was at Umass and didn't need to bring anything but the clothes on my back, make sure comfy enough to wear home. They even supplied a toothbrush and comb. No nightgown, stay in the Johnny you will have many people checking your incisions and it is just easier. Best of wishes. Dawn
lily K.
on 10/19/04 3:46 am - brockton, MA
dear bonnie, i brought a nightgown and bathrobe and never put them on!! it is just easier to wear the johnnies, what i did find helpful: antibacterial wipes,it is diificult to wash your hands with the IV,tooth brush and toothpaste,hairbrush and comb,baby wipes(you can't shower right away and to be able to refresh felt great!)your own pillow (comforting when in a strange place) i am a big reader and brought books and magazines but could not concentrate with the morphine drip so that was a waste for me, also lip balm, your lips will feel very dry after surgery and you can't drink right away so the lip balm was a godsend!! i brought small travel sizes of every thing GOOD LUCK heres to a problem free surgery and speedy recovery!! ps don't forget to take some "before" photos and some pictures after surgey (i looked awful but the difference from day to day is remakable) lilykate
Luann S.
on 10/20/04 10:36 am - Randolph, MA
I definitely wished I had brought baby wipes! Much easier to use than a face cloth and soap with the IV in. I was glad I brought my own pillow for my neck. Make sure you wear something soft and loose as your tummy will be sore going home. I went home in my hospital gown after my re-admission! Good luck! Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -38 since process began 4/04
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views