Where is everyone ?

Lisa B.
on 10/14/04 11:29 pm - West Yarmouth, MA
I was just wondering how everyone was doing who had there surgeries in the last few months have not heard anything from u guy's well i hope your all doing well . Lisa B
Carolyn A.
on 10/15/04 4:01 am - Whitman, MA
HI Lisa, Wanted to say hi. Nobody hardly uses the MA site. I don't know why. We should set up a day when we all go on and chit chat. Have you had surgery yet. Carolyn
Liz F.
on 10/15/04 5:25 am - West Quincy, MA
I am here! I had my surgery August 10th 2004, and am down 42 pounds so far. Yes, I wi**** was more, but everyone loses differently. Would I do it again? NOPE. Would I recommend it? MAYBE. It is ALOT of work, and since I had complications, I would never want anyone to go thru what I did, or even have a chance of having complications. I do feel ALOT better than I did say 4 weeks ago, but I am not pleased with the whole process. I am sure once I hit the 75 pound mark or around there I will feel differently, but then again I am only 8 weeks out. I know, I need to quit my *****in huh - hehehehe I think it's this damn sinus infection I have now that is making me CRANKY! I have been keeping busy out of the house - I volunteer at the local TV station, also run the local animal shelter website, and also work part time at the local quilt store. I just need to remember to EAT! I guess that is a good thing, plus not being on ANY medications any more is a GREAT thing! So, maybe it was worth it after all - we shall see, we shall see Liz West Quincy, MA. -42
Lisa B.
on 10/15/04 7:16 am - West Yarmouth, MA
good to hear from ya haven't heard from ya ion a while ...Im glad your doing better besides the pesky sinus infection .
cinnponce
on 10/15/04 8:04 am - Seminole, FL
Hi, I'm doing well. I had my surgery on Sept 13 and I'm down 26 pounds. I was hoping for more but I'll take any losses and be happy. I'm doing my walking daily and look forward to getting back on my fitness plan. I'm also looking forward to Stage 5 eating. I have a followup with the nutritionist on Oct 25 and hopefully will get the go ahead. Sue B
NoSurrender
on 10/15/04 11:07 am - Oxford, MA
Here I am!!! I am doing well. Still "test-driving" my pouch (that's what my doctor calls it) and losing weight. I've lost 28 lbs. since my surgery on 9/3.
Luann S.
on 10/15/04 11:50 pm - Randolph, MA
I had my surgery 9/14/04 and think I am doing well, despite 2 open incision wounds. They are a nusience more than a serious complication and a bit uncomfortable. I know I would be more active if it weren't as uncomfortable to bend and stretch. I am on phase 4 of the food plan and seem to tolerate a somewhat wider variety of foods but definitely not any larger volume. Some foods that have given me trouble are fish (too slippery and get swallowed too easily without enough chewing), hard boiled chopped egg (too rubbery and too big) and chicken has to be very tiny dice. My favorite thing to eat are sugar free/fat free popsicles, creamsicles and fudgicles, but they don't have much protien! For some reason I am also being bothered by hives and can't for the life of me figure out what is causing them, so I'm taking Benadryl a couple of times a day. I am going to report my weight loss as Dr. Hess looks at it, the big picture from the first time I saw him in April and the total is (drum roll.....) 38 lbs! Would I do it again? Absolutely!!! Would I recommend it to anyone? Like Al Roker, no. It's a much too personal decision and I do not know the level of anyone else's ability to cope with the life changes and possible complications. I can only say this has been a very good choice for me and I am now free of diabetes and blood pressure medications. I won't know until I have lab work if I can stay off of my cholesterol meds, but I am feeling so much better right now! Luann Lap RNY 9/14/04 -38 lbs since initial consult
Knotty D.
on 10/17/04 1:42 pm - Marlborough, MA
Well, I have been outside most of the time, trying to squeeze in some outdoor air before we plummet into the deep freeze. I had my surgery 6 months ago, and I am down 96 pounds. I don't think I will lose any more, but I fit into medium shirts and 34 waist pants now. Before surgery I was in 48 waist pants and xxl shirts. I am eating anything I want, fish, steak, chicken, turkey, pork, you name it. I have had one complication, a hernia. The doctor thinks it was due to losing so much weight so quickly. This procedure was LAP RNY. I had almost no pain, and I was walking around less than 8 hours after surgery. I researched the enitre process and selected RNY surgery vs lap band. I am pleased with my weight loss, but I have been exercising 2 to 3 times a day, eating 80-100 grams of protein a day, and drinking plenty of water. I take no medications for high blood pressure, diabetes, I only take my calcium and vitamins. I don't snore anymore, I have so much energy now, my house is clean, and the laundry is always caught up. I am not taking naps during the day. I am still getting used to not carrying around another 100lbs. I still see myself as a "large person", even though those around me don't. My daughter drew a family portrait and I am not egg-shaped in it, I am a stick figure. These things definitely make me feel better, but due to the hernia surgery, I couldn't do weight training, so I need to tone up some more, and add weights to my exercise routine. I have a crapload of loose skin around my belly, and I can't wait for that to go bye-bye through plastic surgery. I guess I must wait another 6 to 12 months for that. I had no loose skin anywhere else. Would I do this again? ABSOLUTELY! Would I recommend it to anyone else? YES! Provided you understand what you are getting yourself into. If you can't stick to a diet, won't exercise, won't drink water, and won't commit to losing some weight prior to the surgery, don't waste your time. Just my 2 cents, being six months out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views