DISCOURAGED!!!!!!

Lisa B.
on 10/13/04 9:13 am - West Yarmouth, MA
I HAD MY SURGERY CONSULT WITH DR.tarnoff today . I was kinda disappointed everyone else in the program has been great. But i felt rushed while in his office.The first people before me were not even out of the room before they had me in there. I spent a whole 10 min with him . I guess i thought he would be more in involed. And he is sooo young .Anyone else have this kind of feelings of his office and his secatary was pushing papers at me . I was not comfortable but still comfortable with my decision . LIsa B.
NoSurrender
on 10/13/04 11:05 am - Oxford, MA
I don't mind having a young doctor, but I don't know that I'd feel comfortable with someone who made me feel rushed. It's true that the demand for this surgery is high, but when I'm w/ a doctor, I want to think that I'm the only patient they are thinking about. Are there other doctors you can look into without having to start the process all over again?
cinnponce
on 10/13/04 11:29 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Lisa, Sorry you felt so rushed. I did not have the same experience with Dr Tarnoff. He reviewed the surgery with me and answered all the questions my husband and I had. We never felt rushed. Dr Tarnoff did my surgery and everything went great. I had no complications after the surgery. He called and met with my husband right after the surgery and saw me each day in the hospital. Because NEMC is a teaching hospital, I did see the residents and med students more often. But, they were all fantastic. If you are uncomfortable with a young surgeon, you can ask for Dr Shikora. You have to feel comfortable. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/04 12:51 pm - South of Boston, MA
Lisa- I did not feel rushed in my dealings with Dr. Tarnoff... though my husband and I had our consult appointment together with him, he answered our questions and took lots of time.. he even offered to talk to my mom about the surgery to ease her fears!! I never once considered his age, though I am young(er) perhaps I didn't notice...? My husband and I both followed through with gastric bypass (lap rny)....and came out fine.. Beth (& Bob by default) 313/298/179 /130
Karen B.
on 10/13/04 10:49 pm - Vineyard Haven, MA
Hi Lisa, It's too bad you left your consult uncomfortable. For me, everything happened very fast. What was routine for them, was all unchartered territory for me. However, they always came through and they were able to accomodate any changes I needed to make. I think that Dr. Tarnoff is one of the most incredible, talented and competent surgeons doing this surgery. I have had no complications, and I've lost steadily for the past 4 months. My life has changed and I credit him for saving me. He's performed this surgery hundreds of times, is up to date on all the research, and is dedicated to his profession. You are in the best hands with Dr. Tarnoff. My endocrinologist told me that Dr. Tarnoff and Dr. Shikora have set the gold standard in weight loss surgery. Having another doctor give them that recommendation made me feel better about my decision. Good luck!! Karen
Paula D.
on 10/14/04 8:04 pm - Harwich, MA
Hi Lisa, I went with Dr. Kim and she was excellent. Dr. Tarnoff assisted with my surgery. I had my surg last Nov. 4. I found that everyone in that office kind of rushes you because there is such a big demand in that practice. Dr. Kim was even younger than Dr. Tarnoff, I think but he is supposedly the best from all I've heard. I found Dr. Kim very nice, and she didn't rush me through my consult at all. I wasn't put off by her at all. She was so nice to me through the whole process. The secretaries there are totally panicked all the time, and alot of the time you have to wait while they yap on the phone to whoever. Don't be put off by being rushed. You can always switch surgeons if you really don't like his manner. I'm a nurse and I have found through the years that alot of doctors don't have the best bedside manner. Alot of them are wonderful, though. I live in Harwich, so if you ever need someone to talk to drop me a line. Good luck, Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views