C Diff

Mary M.
on 10/13/04 3:45 am - Hampton, NH
I had surgery on 9/14 and am fighting my second round of C Diff. I feel it will never go away. Feeling just fine from the surgery but can't leave the house because of the infection. I've been housebound with it for three weeks now. Has anyone else had it, if so how did you survive, also how long did it last. HELP!
Luann S.
on 10/13/04 1:56 pm - Randolph, MA
Hi Mary, Sorry to hear that the C.diff is lingering. I did not have a flare of c.diff with my WLS on 9/14, the first time in 2 years that I was able to avoid it while on antibiotics. I think the last course of Vancomycin that I was on plus the probiotics (Culturelle and FlorQ) helped. I was on a month of Vanco, followed by a week on and a week off of Vanco for another month, up until surgery. You may not be able to take the probiotics until your diet is fully advanced, but you can get that good flora by eating yogurt with active lactobacillus each day. If you haven't seen a gastroenterologist for treatment of this, do so as they are most up to date on treatment of c. diff. Good luck! Luann LapRNY 9/15/04-29 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views