consult appointment

Deb T.
on 10/6/04 11:27 pm - Western Mass, MA
I had my first consult appoint yesterday at Baystate Surgical Associates in Springfield, and I am now more than ready to get this going. I came out of the appointment wanting to have the surgery the next day. I don't think I can wait another 5-6 months . I was really impressed with the way my consult went. My appointment was at 12:30. I did my paperwork, at 1:00 I met with a wonderful nutioninist named Vicky and then at 1:30 I met with Dr. Kuhn along with 5 other possible candidates. He made a wonderful presentation and answered questions. We then met individually with him and he asked us questions and did a routine exam. I really liked him!!!! He's very honest and up front. I would reccommend him to everyone. I hope the next five months flies by.. I'm ready to go!!!!!!! Good Luck to all ! ~Debbie~
Luann S.
on 10/7/04 12:17 am - Randolph, MA
Good luck Debbie! It was five months from my first appointment to my surgery and the time flew with the help and support of this board. I looked at the before and after pictures every day to keep me motivated. Keep posting! There is so much to learn! Your date will be here before you know it! Luann LapRNY 9/14/04 -29 lbs since pre-op visit on 8/18/04
Jodi H.
on 10/8/04 6:38 am - Amesbury, MA
Debbie, I do hope that the time goes by for you--trust me it will. Take your time though. Do the research that they tell you to do. Take every suggestion that you can. This is not an easy thing. Sure it is great am I am happy to be losing the wieght and so is everyone else on this web site, but there are down sides too. Keep that up front and close to you. I can not stress how much you need to prepare your mind body and spirit for this procedure. It will affect you in all of those areas. You have a relationship with food that you now must let go of. You need to really have the best support that you can have around you to be able to succesfully do that. Listen to what people tell you at the Dr.'s office, all the preperation of how you can eat, drink, take medications. How long it will be until you can actually feel back to yourself again. I have been out a little over a month-physically I feel good, I have not had many problems with food until thelast couple of days but that is getting better--however I have had the emotional rollorcoaster that you may never be able to prepare yourself for. But please try---Take care of you and do not ru****Your new life will be here before you know it ans you do not want to have any regrets. Best of Luck to you! Jodi
Deb T.
on 10/8/04 7:02 am - Western Mass, MA
Hi Jodi, Thank you so much for your letter of support. I means a great deal to me. Good luck to you with your losses. Please keep me posted. Have a great weekend. ~debbie~
Vivid
on 10/9/04 9:38 am - Western, MA
Hi Debbie, I am glad that you felt so positive about your experience, it can be stressful, yes? You didn't mention which surgery you are going to have but I am guessing the RNY? I have chosen the Lap Band and am going with Pioneer Valley Surgical because they are the only ones doing it around here. I have not heard of Dr. Kuhn, Munshi and Coe are the ones I know have a lot of experience with RNY from Baystate. The Pioneer docs do them also, Dr. Haag is my surgeon. From first consult to surgery date should be 2-3 months, I don't know how long RNY'ers have to wait. Best of Luck to you!
Deb T.
on 10/11/04 10:40 pm - Western Mass, MA
Hi JoAnn, Thanks so much for your reply. It means alot to have support. I love this web site!! Yes, I have decided to have RNY. Dr. Kuhn has been working along side of Drs. Munchie and Coe. Good luck to you also. Lets keep in touch!! ~debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views