So Disapointed :-@

kim ..
on 10/2/04 11:52 am - Arlington, MA
I was all set to have my Surgery on Monday the 4th and i get a call from the nurse at Lahey that my Ins Co did not give an answer yet so now it has been pushed to Oct 21 that is a tenitive date until the ins goes through. now this all started back in July that they were suposed to put the Ins in.so did lahey screw up and forget to put my stuff through. I am so mad right now i have been on HMR since July and now I am tapped its so darn expensive. i am happy with all the weight i have lost on it. So do i call the Ins co myself and see what the progress is or do i just sit and wait anyone ever have this problem
CoolWaterMom
on 10/2/04 12:00 pm - Monument Beach, MA
Hi Kim I am so sorry that you got canceled I am sure you are disappointed beyond belief. You get right on the phone first thing Monday morning and get an answer and if it was the fault of the Dr. office you tell them thet they need to fit you in NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! not in 3 weeks that is way to long to have to waite. Good Luck and keep us posted Hugs Loretta
Carolyn A.
on 10/3/04 4:00 am - Whitman, MA
Why can't they do your surgery and get ins. approval after. Lots of people have done it that way. That is a heart breaker. they can't cancel at such short notice. Call them and tell them you will be at the hospital 6am Tues. Carolyn
Mea A.
on 10/3/04 6:27 am - Western, MA
Hi Kim - So sorry about your major disappointment . It's just not fair . What is HMR? I don't know if this might help, I had a similar predicament but not involving WLS. I had a prescription that my insurance wouldn't cover unless "medically necessary", blah blah blah. The doctor said they had contacted my insurance and the pharmacy was waiting for a confirmation fax that never came . I called the insurance many times for about a week. Then I used the Mailboxes Etc (now called UPS Store), for a few dollars they will let you send/receive a fax. I insisted the insurance send it to my (Mailboxes etc) fax number as they kept saying they had sent it . That took care of the problem fast, someone was lying and/or being sloppy along the way. Hope you're able to get your surgery soon. Just don't give up . Mea 7/12/04 -59.5 lbs
marypoco
on 10/12/04 9:08 am - amherst, MA
I'm so sorry you were cancelled!! they do say things happen for a reason.. Like you haven't heard that one before, but, before you know it , it will be the 21th. lets hope that insurance co. get's the lead out!! Ask the doctors office about it, They'll surely check it out of you!!:
kim ..
on 10/12/04 12:28 pm - Arlington, MA
Well here it is October 12th. I have called the nurse and i no calls back for days. I tried to call my Ins Co they tell me nothing. The 21st is going to come and go again i can see it now. I will now call the department that handles the ins stuff, I'm done haunting the nurse lol well thanks eveyone for the feedback ill let ya know cross you fingers and your toes and heck why your at it eyes too please Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views