I'm in total shock!

cotesbabe
on 10/1/04 8:39 pm - Agawam, MA
Hi Amos Family, I cant believe how i have gone down in clothes sizes so fast!I started out at 235 lbs 5'1 and wore 2x-3x shirts (so they were baggy to cover my fat rolls) and a tight 18-20 pant. My sister who is a size 4-6 brought me over some clothes......some size 8's and med shirts/sweaters. I looked at them and said maybe by the end of winter i can wear them. well i tried them on and they fit and comfortably at that! Im in such shock.i know i have lost 93 lbs ,but when i look at the clothes they seem sooo small and when i look in the mirror i dont see a small person,but yet not the large person i was before this journey.What i see in the mirror is not the same image i get when i look at the clothes. I have had so much fun shopping since she brought me over clothes. i wear a 8-10 and in shirts anywhere from a small womans to a med-lg juniors. However i hate to by the larger sizes.....lol i find myself only buying a lg if i really really like it.Its really weird that when shopping you have to try everything on to see the fit, cause it doesnt look as though it'd fit,everything fits diffrently and everything you buy wont all be the same size,as before i just went in and picked up an 18-20 and my 2x-3x shirts never even tried them on I tried on my wedding dress the other day its a size 22.i actually was able to step out of the neck!it is so huge! (to think i wore that 2 years ago.) I went to find a maid of honor gown to wear for my sisters wedding 10-10 -04 (next sunday)and while shopping i grabbed an 18 to big,16 to big and said no way can i wear a 14 that was to big i ended up with a size 12 gown!That was such a great feeling! and i even had to have that altered! I will be updating my pics after the wedding with wedding photos well i should sign off my sister bought the wedding party make over packages so we are all going to have a blast today! Thanks for listening to me brag.... I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! God Bless Stephanie 235/142 -7 more lbs till goal!
lily K.
on 10/1/04 9:41 pm - brockton, MA
dear stephanie congratulations on your big loss!! you must feel great that all your hard work is paying off. i know what you mean about shock, i put on a pair of size 16 jeans the other day thinking i would see when they fit, well they fit NOW and no fat rolls hanging over the top as i used to have in my too tight 22s as when i started this journey!! so BELIEVE IT you're doing great, i bet you some people at the wedding won't know you!! lilykate
Luann S.
on 10/2/04 3:00 pm - Randolph, MA
Stephanie, What an awesome inspiration your story is! I am the same height and was same pre-op wt so to hear that you have lost so much in barely 6 months is fabulous! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see your wedding pictures! Luann Lap RNY 9/14/04 -24 since pre-op visit on 8/18/04
Mea A.
on 10/3/04 6:10 am - Western, MA
Hi Steph - I am so proud of you . She is one hot mamma everybody . Have fun at the wedding . , Mea 7/12/04 -59/5 lbs
marypoco
on 10/5/04 8:21 am - amherst, MA
Stephanie, you make me smile, smile smile!!! I feel sooooo happy for you!! Isn't it such a great feeling!! wtg and keep up the great vipes!!! Have an awesome time at the wedding I know you'll wow them BIG time!! ~Mary 260/200/150??
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views