Looking for a surgeon to perform lap band surgery in Boston

Julie S.
on 9/29/04 6:15 am - Chestnut Hill, MA
Can anyone direct me to surgens in the Boston area that perform such surgery. Thanks sooooo much.
Donna D.
on 9/29/04 6:18 am - Randolph, MA
Julie, Just about every hospital is doing them now. You need to go to the different hospital sites on this website & see what the comments are for each hospital & the surgeon and then you can also get information about particular surgeons right here on this site. I had the RNY gastric bypass at BIDMC by Dr. Mun & I know he & the others at the BI do the lap bands. They just started doing them at the Faulkner Hospital too. Keep looking & getting information where you can. Donna
Caeli B.
on 9/29/04 7:38 am - Boston, MA
I am having Lap Band surgery with Dr. Vernon at Brigham & Women's on October 20th. Dr. Lautz also performs band surgery at B&W. There are a number of really good programs in Boston though - BIDMC, Tufts-NEMC come immediately to mind in addition to the Brigham. My best suggestion is that you research, research, research and go to the WLS information sessions that each of the hospitals hold monthly/biweekly to determine which one is right for you. You can often meet one or more of the actual surgeons at these sessions as well. Caeli
cinnponce
on 9/29/04 8:09 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Julie, I had gastric bypass surgery at NEMC but they also do lap band surgery. I had someone in my preop group that was having the lap band. I really recommend NEMC. They were wonderful before, during, and after with support. Sue B
Richard
on 9/29/04 10:52 pm - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
Julie Dr. Shikora at New England Medical Center did my Lap Band. They have a great program there. Here is a link to their web. http://www.obesityconsult.com/ Richard
jak
on 9/30/04 4:29 pm - Framingham, MA
At Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, I believe there are 2 surgeons who are doing the lap band. one of them I believe is Dr. David Brooks who is an excellent gastrointestinal surgeon and the other I think is Dr. Lautz(it might be spelled wrong) who also does RNY.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views