Good Clothes CHEAP!

Mea A.
on 9/27/04 11:58 am - Western, MA
Hi everyone - Today I took a ride to the Salvation Army to drop off some clothing my son had outgrown. The donation bins were overfilled all into the parking lot so I went inside to give them my son's clothes. Big mistake......huge . I spent the next several hours browsing and trying on clothes. I ended up buying 4 tops, a pair of shorts, a jean jumper dress and a bathing suit, all for just $12.00 . The bathing suit and some of the other items were new (original tags still attached) and all of them were in great shape. I wanted to let you all know that they have a good selection of ladies' plus size clothing, as well as the regular sizes. They are having a 50% off summer items sale this week. It was great for me, because we're planning to go to Florida in December. They also have 50% off specials, depending on which color tag is attached. This Salvation Army is located in Westfield on Route 20, where Frank's Nursery used to be. Hope this helps others who are shrinking out of their clothes fast too . Mea 7/12/04 -58 lbs
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 9/27/04 12:31 pm - 128 Belt, MA
Mea, Congratulations on your weight loss! Also, on your great bargains! I enjoy going to yard sales and used clothing sales for the children, but of course I never get anything for myself. I even pick up things for my niece. I tell I visit a special "boutique" and I am at the point I only by the best of the best. Rugged bear, gap, Hartstrings, Talbots kids etc. I am hoping after my surgery, next spring I'll be able to find some nice bargains for myself. Keep up the bargain hunting!! I'll be thinking of 'ya!! Joan F.
Mea A.
on 9/27/04 1:26 pm - Western, MA
Hi Joan - Well, that's all about to change . You're going to be picking up so many nice things for yourself after surgery. I never find clothes in my size at tag sales . The bathing suit I bought was a fancy designer but darn it, I can't remember who and I packed it away . Do you have a Filene's Basement near you? We have one, but it's NOT like the original in Downtown Boston . The one in Boston seemed to have the best clothes at great prices. Thanks for your kind words . Good luck on your upcoming surgery . Mea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views