Lap band in MA - time to surgery info sought

zozomama
on 9/25/04 11:54 pm - Metro West area, MA
Anyone have info on the time to surgery (from first consult to surgery date) on the following lap-band programs in MA? I am so ready to do this and can't bear the thought of waiting 12-18 months. Lowell Saints Memorial NEMC Brigham and Womens Beth Israel Worcester Memorial St. Elizabeth's in Brighton any other MA lap-band programs I should consider? Jennifer G
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 9/26/04 2:33 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi--The time in Boston is much less than reported in other parts of the country. I am using Brigham and Women's Hospital for my surgery (still pre op). They require you to attend an info session,but it runs every other week. If you register for the meeting,you can make your physician appt. This was about 1 mos out for me with Dr.Lautz. I have one last test tomorrow, and I am scheduled for surgery on Oct 26th. So, I would say a 3 mos from Start to surgery is what I am experiencing. I know of two other people who have shorter time frames. Good Luck, and feel free to email me if I can answer any questions. Joan F.
Richard
on 9/26/04 2:40 am - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
NEMC is about 4 months. I was very happy with the program there.
Caeli B.
on 9/26/04 10:18 am - Boston, MA
Like Joan I too am at the Brigham (w/Dr. Vernon) and the time from my making the appt for my surgical consult to the date of my surgery was a little over 2 months. I am thrilled with how quickly things have progressed but I also did a TON of research before deciding on the Brigham. Please don't rely on wait times alone - find the surgeon and program which makes you feel most comfortable. Best of luck, Caeli
Vivid
on 9/26/04 8:37 pm - Western, MA
Sounds like you are in the eastern part of the state but we do it down here in the Pioneer Valley too. Only one practice though, Pioneer Valley Surgeons is doing the lap band, Dr. Haag. (either at Baystate or Mercy) I saw him once, have a nutritionist this week, psych next week and will attend two support meetings. He said should have a surgery date in November. So 2-3 months should do it. I don't blame you, as soon as I decided to do this, I wanted it to happen tomorrow.
NoSurrender
on 9/27/04 4:59 am - Oxford, MA
I can tell you that in Worcester the type of surgery makes no difference. Whether you have RNY or a Lap-Band, it will take the same amount of time. The program in Worcester is about 6 months long, and there's usually a waiting list to get into the program. I went to my first of two REQUIRED informational seminars in October '03, and had my surgery on 9/3/04. After the second informational seminar in November, nothing happened for me until February. I'm told that the waiting list isn't as long anymore.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views