Any Banders in MA?

Vivid
on 9/24/04 1:54 pm - Western, MA
Hey there, Just getting started here, had consult with surgeon in Springfield. If you are a lap bander, I would love to benefit from your experience. Thanks, JoAnn P.S. Have been checking Lap Band forum as well.
Caeli B.
on 9/24/04 2:34 pm - Boston, MA
I am still a pre-op bandster (scheduled for 10/20 with Dr. Vernon at Brigham & Women's) but would be happy to talk if you have any questions, etc. Welcome! Caeli
Sheila N.
on 9/25/04 12:23 am - MA
Hi I was banded on 7/26/04. I am very happy that I did it. The band is doing exactly as I hoped, allowing me to feel full after much less food. There are a lot of eating ha*****anges involved and it is not always easy but if you are mentally ready to make permanent life changes then this may be the process for you. Will be glad to answer any questions. There are many other Ma bandsters out there that may also jump in here.
zozomama
on 9/25/04 11:49 pm - Metro West area, MA
Hi Sheila, I wondered if you could provide info regarding where you had your surgery. Since you're a recent bander, what's your experience been like thus far? Any adverse events post-surgery (bleeding, infection, vomiting, etc.)? I'm attending the Lowell Saints Memorial info session on Oct 5. Have attended the NEMC info session, and am also looking into the Worcester Memorial and St. Elizabeth's in Brighton programs. Jennifer G
Sheila N.
on 9/26/04 1:16 am - MA
I had my surgery 7/26/04 at NEMC. I feel that they have a wonderful program both pre and post op. I have really had no real problems. I had my first fill about 2 weeks ago. A lot of people can't see much difference with the first fill but I did. I really had to think about slowing down my eating. I lost 10lbs pre surgery and about 26-30 since.{Not at home at the moment visiting in Denver so scale is different} I highly recommend NEMC as they have had a great program in place for a number of years and the more experience the better. Have to run right now but ask any more questions that you may have and I will ty to answer them. How did you feel about NEMC when you attended the info session? The 1st Wed. night of the month we have a banding group with both pre and post op patients attending. Very interesting.
Richard
on 9/25/04 12:57 am - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
JoAnn I had Lap Band surgery at NEMC last November and lost 79 pounds in the first 8 months. More importantly my high blood pressure, sleep apnea and diabetes are gone. I was back to work in 6 days and had no complications. I eat almost everything, but I get full on a very small amount of food. I have had four fills for a total of 2.75cc. I think I need another little fill soon. The band is the best thing I ever did for myself, I feel 20 years younger. I hope things go as well for you as they did for me. Richard
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views