A Tad Bit Whinney

Luann S.
on 9/20/04 1:29 pm - Randolph, MA
Hi Friends, Thanks for the kind thoughts and posts from my Donna! I came home from the hospital on Friday evening and was back in less than 24 hours later! That same yukky thing Liz had! I almost withdrew from the research because of your complication Liz and I wish I had! My largest incision opened up at home Saturday night and I was back in the ED and up to the floor again in 3 hours. Just got home tonight at 8:30! The pain isn't that bad, but I'm sure I would be feeling better if I didn'thave this gaping wound with twice daily dressing changes by the VNA! I am pleased with the lack of appetite and weight loss of 9.5 lbs in the past week though! Taking constant sips of something (along with some delightful crushed antibiotics ) and feeling more annoyed than uncomfortable. Will post more when I feel more up to sitting at the computer. Luann post-op Lap RNY 9/14/04 -10 pre-op -9.2 post op= -19.2! from the thin side!
NoSurrender
on 9/20/04 1:32 pm - Oxford, MA
Welcome home. I'm glad you're not in any severe pain. I'm sorry about the wound that doesn't want to heal. I had one a few years ago (when I had an umbilical hernia repaired) and it was a pain in the neck. Congrats on your weight loss. Here's hoping your complications are over and that the rest of your journey is smooth sailing.
Kim T.
on 9/20/04 10:58 pm - Dracut, MA
Hi Luann, glad everything went ok with the surgery itself. I am sorry you are regretting your decision, but i think everyone goes thru that point at the beginning. it wasnt until about 4 months out that i was SURE i had made the right decision and felt good about it, now, almost 6 months out i'm thrilled with the results.. so hang in there, it's a bumpy ride for awhile, but well worth it. The way i try to see it is, i've spent over 15 yrs dieting, 4 months of rough times i can deal with no sweat!! Lots of luck to you!! ~Kim
Luann S.
on 9/21/04 1:43 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks guys! Just to clarify: I am not having any regets about the surgery itself- am pleased a*****h with the19+ lbs I have lost in the past month- just that I agreed to the biopsy of fat tissue that led to this complication. Minor dip in the road to health! I already feel better than I did a month ago! Have not needed any blood pressure or diabetes mediction since surgery! I have not stopped these meds on my own however, I have had my blood pressure and blood sugar checked 4 times a day for the past week, and they are just too low for me to take meds that could make them lower! Don't stop your meds without talking to your doctor! Luann
Liz F.
on 9/22/04 12:20 am - West Quincy, MA
I didn't realize they still took the tissue samples anyway even though you had stopped the study... hmmm... make sure you watch your bills too if you get any - we got CHARGED for those tissue samples they took from me - we are fighting it too - something else to make my blood boil Liz -40
Donna D.
on 9/21/04 11:22 am - Randolph, MA
Hi Luann, Sorry to hear about your setback but you'll get there. Little baby steps. Glad you're not really in any pain though. I had a wound infection after my total hip in 2002. Boy was that a PIA, draining wound, IV antibiotics, yuck. Get that protein in because you know that will do wonders for the wound healing. Congrats on the weight loss, way to go!! I was part of that study too at BIDMC but I didn't know exactly where they took the fat from. I offered them more but they declined, rats!! Take care & be well. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views