Let's lend a hand: IVAN, etc.

Biking O.
on 9/16/04 12:05 am - CA
If you're like me, you've spent a great deal of time sending positive thoughts and perhaps prayer to those who live in the path of the recent hurricanes and tornadoes that have been hammering the South over the past several weeks. Like me, you may also be thinking, "What can I do to help? How can I provide support to those in need?" Well, AMOS folks are great at giving online support; we send words of greeting and encouragement to those who still have internet access or the means to communicate with us in some other way. But surely, for every person in those states *****aches out to us, there are many more behind them who are suffering in silence (at least to our ears and eyes). What can we do? I am not sure, but I am willing to bet that my AMOS friends are asking themselves this very question. So, perhaps we can put our heads together and come up with a plan.... I'll contribute a few of my early-morning brainstorms. Please add to the list. But don't stop there; providing your ideas doesn't make them happen. Please get in touch with your local support groups, network with support leaders in states affected by the storm, and communicate with ObesityHelp your good ideas and plans. Let's put our heads and hands together, to provide support to our AMOS friends in need! Ideas that we can put into action, individually or with others in our support groups and/or with AMOS friends from our own state: -Gather together and provide scholarship money to send selected chapter or local support group leaders to the OH convention in CA next month; -Bring needed supplies (toiletries, clothing, FRIENDSHIP) to distribute at the OH convention (or send directly) to those in the path of the storms; -Send postings of support to the home pages of states whose members are affected by the recent devastations Please don't let your support end at the compassion or idea stage. Lend a hand as well. Our strength is in our association and is evidenced by our individual actions. May only warm and gentle winds blow your direction, Melody Obesity Help 1-866-WLS-INFO (957-4636) Other OH contact information can be found at http://www.obesityhelp.com/ContactUs.php
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views