Best in Boston...

jessiem
on 9/15/04 12:42 pm - Uxbridge, MA
Through my research and I guess its a pretty personal decision for anyone, I found that Newton Wellesley was the best hospital around. What made everyone pick the hospital they used? Anyone have any complaints or concerns about NW? I'd like to know beforehand! Most of the research I did was on this website and I haven't seen one bad thing... too good to be true maybe?
StephLL
on 9/15/04 2:47 pm - Stoughton, MA
Just curious, which publication stated that NW was the best? Thanks, Stephanie
jessiem
on 9/16/04 6:20 am - Uxbridge, MA
There was never anything that I read that actually said it was the best. What I meant was, through the research I did, I found that NW was the best. I read all the reviews of the doctors and the hospital and its overall program and in my opinion, they had the best comments and overall rating. I hope this clears it up. I don't think I ever read anything bad about any of the 3 doctors or the hospital itself. I have started the process and have met 2 of the 3 doctors and pretty much everyone in the office and all of my research, so far, has been right on the money! Did you have a bad experience or disaggree?
Kim T.
on 9/15/04 11:31 pm - Dracut, MA
Hi Jessie! I picked newton wellesley too!! i've had a few friends use different drs and hospitals in the area but i chose NW b/c of the fantastic things i heard about them, and i have to say EVERYTHING i heard was right on the money! I travelled 45 min to go to that hospital even tho a hospital 5 min away also does the surgery! I had a great experience from day 1 there, not much waiting, for appts, blood work ect. and they are just SOOOOOOOO organized!! Dr Partridge did my surgery, she was great!! the other 2 drs came in to see me in my short stay at the hospital and i was equally impressed with both of them! I can't say enough good things about MY experience there, i'd definately recommend them!! if you have any questions, just give me a shout.. LOTS OF LUCK!! ~Kim
Carolyn A.
on 9/16/04 3:48 am - Whitman, MA
Hi Jessie, The hospital is important, but more important is your relationship with your doctor. I met Dr. Gastwirt and loved her. She only worked from Faulkner hospital which is where I ended up going. It was fine, but I was only there 3 days. Research the doctors first, and everything else will be fine. Carolyn
CoolWaterMom
on 9/16/04 8:51 am - Monument Beach, MA
I agree with you 110% Carolyn I think first and fore most it has to be a great Dr. Having worked in an opereating room for 15 yearsi know all the staff and equipment in the world can not make a bad Dr. look good. Warm fuzzies are nice any time your in the hospital. But I would not make it a priority in choising a program. The Dr is who will be doing the surgery that is who I will be depending on. What you think is the best hospital in Boston may only be what is the best for you. Hugs Loretta
Richard
on 9/16/04 4:29 pm - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
Jessie Newton Wellesley was my first choice. I have been going to doctors there for 25 years. But in checking around I found that the Obesity Consult Clinic at NEMC had the best program and results. They have a series of pre-surgery instruction classes and group counseling that was very helpful and informative. Their follow up care is excellent with many targeted support groups. Their top surgeon has done thousands of surgeries and has the best qualifications in New England. He was featured in a PBS special. Richard
Carolyn C.
on 9/16/04 9:30 pm - Watertown, MA
Hi Jessie I went to Newton-Wellesley also. I actually get all my healthcare there. It is fabulous. The staff is wonderful, the nurses are too! Dr. Partridge did my surgery on 1/5/04. My husband had his with Dr. Gazmuri on 2/12/04. They are all great and their office staff if fabulous!! Good Luck! Carolyn
Dave_K
on 9/17/04 2:27 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
I picked St. E's because family members had great care there in the past. I'm having a very positive experience so far with Caritas Saint Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton. The pre-surgical medical testing was very thorough, the staff are kind and competent, and my surgeons, Kevin O'Donnell and Nicole Pecquex are competent, informative and caring. I had no blood loss or complications from my lap bypass RNY surgery a month ago and my biggest scar is less than an inch long and fading fast!
PB
on 9/17/04 3:48 am
Hey, I saw that PBS series on wls! Allan Alda was at Tufts NEMC in Boston. They talked about the program there and interviewed many of the doctors and patients. The results are way above the norm. L
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views