SUPPORT AND FRIENDS

DAISYGIRL
on 9/14/04 10:42 am - BRAINTREE, MA
hi I find this website so awesome. I am looking for support from people who understand what it is like to be scared and heavy and making this serious decison. I am 28yrs old and only have the support of my best friend and roomates. My parents do not beleive that Lap Band surgery is the answer to losing weight. Hopefully i can find some support on here.
StephLL
on 9/14/04 12:36 pm - Stoughton, MA
Hi Jeannine, I'm 28, heavy and scared...so I'm right with you sister. I'm very sorry that you don't have the support of your parents. I took my parents with me to the information sessions I attended at 2 hospitals and they went from being against it and unsure to being for it. So I don't know if that would help, but it's worth a shot. I also got my parents to read a lot of the research I did. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know! Stephanie
CoolWaterMom
on 9/14/04 12:40 pm - Monument Beach, MA
Hi Jeannine If you are looking for understanding and suport you have come to the right place you get all the help you need hun all you have to do is ask. Every one is so kind and understanding off what you need. We are all in the same boat. Or should I say ship as it sets sail on this new and exciting adventure. Keep in touch you are never alone hun By the way I grew up in Weymouth, Summer St right up from Weymounth landing. Take Care Hugs Loretta
StephLL
on 9/14/04 1:12 pm - Stoughton, MA
Oh wow, I didn't see until just now that you are in Braintree. I went to high school in Braintree! Ha! small world
Kim T.
on 9/14/04 2:14 pm - Dracut, MA
lots of luck to you and you have literally TONS of support here on the boards just to let you know, i showed my mother all the before and after pics on this site, after about 10 of them she almost started to cry, when i asked what was wrong, she said she didnt even know what i'd look like thin, i think putting the faces of before and after really helped her understand what and why i was doing this. just a suggestion..
Caeli B.
on 9/15/04 6:01 am - Boston, MA
Hi there! I am 30 and have been heavy all my life. I have only told a very few people (my parents, brother and two friends - my roommate doesn't even know!) so I understand the angst . Please don't hesitate to drop me an email if you ever want to talk. All my best, Caeli
Richard
on 9/16/04 4:38 pm - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
Jeannine There is a Lap Band Forum here at obesity help where you can get lots of support from a great bunch of people that have the Lap Band. Here is the link. http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgtype-forums/LapBand/posts.html Richard
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views