anyone have surgery at Tufts NEMC

Liz L.
on 9/14/04 9:42 am - VT
I just started the Process - filled out the application, I called my insurance they said they cover the hospital and usually cover the operation. SO my question is Did you like the hospital and what is a rough estimate of the time it took from application to surgery. I was just wondering if there was any chanch of this happening before 12-31-04, we ended up have a lot of other medical bills this year and it would save me about 2800 in deductable if I had it before then. I Just wanted to see if any one though it was resonable to hope for that. Liz
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 9/14/04 9:48 am - 128 Belt, MA
I didn't have surgery at Tufts, but their weight loss program has been around a long,long time. They,like the other Boston hospitals, are newer to the lap band due to insurance opening up to the band in Jan 04. There is a program on PBS that featured 12 different weight loss programs, 2 being surgery which was done at Tufts. You can watch the program on your computer. Visit PBS.ORG and the program is called Losing It. Good Luck. Joan F
Richard
on 9/14/04 10:30 am - MA
Revision on 01/06/14
Liz I had Lap Band surgery at NEMC last November from Dr. Shikora. I was very pleased with everyone there. I waited about 4 months, but at that time the wait for Lap Band was a lot less than for RNY. Tell them your insurance problem and ask if they can schedule your appointments close together. Richard
StephLL
on 9/14/04 12:28 pm - Stoughton, MA
Hi Liz, I had my first consultation with the surgeon on Aug 26, and I'm having my GB on Sept 27th. I still can't get over how fast this is happening. I wish you all the best, Stephanie
Liz L.
on 9/14/04 1:10 pm - VT
lily K.
on 9/15/04 9:53 am - brockton, MA
liz i had my first appt in april and lap RNY on 7/6/04, they were great at trying to schedule appts. there was a woman in my behavior group from VT and she had all her appts done so she only had to come down once a week. i had never been in a hospital before and they were great. i mean it is no day at the beach, you feel uncomfortable, but the pain was not unbearable and i was out of the hospital in 2 days. good luck!! lilykate
BobMcGee
on 9/24/04 10:10 am - Bridgewater, MA
I had my lap at Tufts/NEMC on 7/13. Team there has been great as have the post-op support groups. The lap support group meets the first Wed. of the month at 5:45 in the lobby of the OCC. It's open to pre- and post-op banders. I encourage you to attend. Beantown Bob
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views