I am so EXCITED!!

CATHYSDAN
on 9/9/04 7:03 am - three rivers, MA
I got called yesterday afternoon from the surgeons office and given an appointment to see the nutritionist and the surgeon next week!!!! I am so excited I couldn't even sleep last night. I am worried about what the nutritionist is going to ask me, will the surgeon except me for the surgery? What if they decide I'm not for the program, everything negative that I could think of I did. Can anyone tell me what is involved in this meeting and how long after do i get a date for the surgery? I am getting my questions ready to ask the Doctor. I am so excited about this, to finially on the road to help! But I am also very very nervous. Any help out there from those of you that have been through it? Thanks, Cathy
Kim T.
on 9/9/04 9:04 pm - Dracut, MA
Hi Cathy, and congrats on your appt!! the first step is a biggie.. Every surgeons office is different in what you'll do on your first appt and for how far out they are booking for surgery, but if you ask an estimated time when you go, they should be able to give you some sort of idea. In my case the first appointment i met with psychologist, nutritionist and surgeon. Nutritionist asked me what weight loss programs i had already tried, experiences i had and sort of explains the importance of following the rules after surgery. They want to make sure you understand what you are getting into and that you CAN and WILL follow their EXACT instructions. meeting with the surgeon is more of an ice breaker, to get some general questions answered.. I asked about recovery time, pain control, how many days in hosp after surgery ect. Your feelings of nervousness are completely normal, throughout this journey you'll find a whole LOT of emotions you didnt think you had in ya!! I know for me, by the time my surgery was a month away i was crying on a daily basis, and i'm certainly not the type to cry!! it was WEIRD, but everyone assured me it was normal. Lots of luck to you as you begin your journey, you'll love the destination!!!! ~Kim
StephLL
on 9/10/04 7:08 am - Stoughton, MA
Hi Cathy, For me, this whole process has been really fast. At the first apmt I met the surgeon and asked tons of questions (I came in with a list of 22). At the end of my appointment they scheduled me for surgery, for 1 month later!! During that one month period, I've gotten my preop tests done, met with the shrink and nutritionist. Now all that's left is a meeting with the anathesiologist and a pre-op meeting with the surgeon. I'm scheduled to go in on 9/27. Good luck with everything!!! Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views