Count down to Surgery!

Karla B.
on 9/8/04 12:23 pm - Leominster, MA
Hey, everyone four more days to go and I'm going through a ton of emotions!! Almost two years of educating myself and now it is here! I'm excited, scared, nervous, and constantly doubting/questioning myself. Help! I realized all these feelings are quite natural, but that does not stop the rollercoaster in my head. I have been waking up about two times in the early hours of morning checking in on my loved ones and giving thanks to my good fortune. I just need you guys right now.... I just want to thank everyone who has been emailing their support and well wishes. Cheers and love to all the kindred spirits.Karla
CoolWaterMom
on 9/8/04 12:52 pm - Monument Beach, MA
It is normal keep doing what ever it takes to reasure yourself. And never forget your doing it for them as much as you are your self. They need you around as much as you want to be hear for them. Hugs Loretta
Donna D.
on 9/8/04 11:56 pm - Randolph, MA
Yup, completely normal. But some of us are anxious to get it done to get control over our lives. But it truly is emotional. Since you took 2 years to educate yourself you know how this can change your life. And you know there are risks to it as well. You have to have faith in your surgeon & in a higher power to keep you safe. We will do our part & keep you in our prayers. Take care. Donna
SuzQ L.
on 9/9/04 4:13 am - Thompson, CT
Hi Karla! I too am counting down the days (or daze is what it really feels like!) and I also have Dr Kelly. I had agonized for 3 years before making my decision...and I'm still worried. I just keep praying! I'm also starting to get my house in order and get everything done I won't be able to do afterwards. It feels like the only control I have right now is cleaning & organizing. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming about my life a year from now. That's when I start getting stressed; because being healthy & thinner and NOT dieting (just eating well) is totally foreign to me. I really can't imagine losing all this weight AND feeling full. Can't wait, but it's like KNOWING you're going to win the lottery and you just don't know how much! Exciting, scary and truly life-altering! God Bless....keep me posted....we are working with a great team at UMASS!
cinnponce
on 9/9/04 9:23 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Karla, I'm having my surgery the same day as you. I too have been on that rollercoaster. But, I know I am doing the best thing for me. Good Luck to you. Sue
NoSurrender
on 9/11/04 11:36 am - Oxford, MA
Heck, I'd be worried about you if you didn't have at least a little doubt. Things will go well, and before you know it you'll be wondering why you didn't do this sooner. And we'll be here for you throughout the whole process.
StephLL
on 9/12/04 12:16 am - Stoughton, MA
Best of luck on your surgery tomorrow!!! I wish you a speedy uneventful recovery!!! Stephanie
Karla B.
on 9/12/04 1:50 pm - Leominster, MA
Thanks Stephanie! Karla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs