Brigham and Woman's Hospital

StephLL
on 9/3/04 2:40 am - Stoughton, MA
I was wondering if people who have had surgery at Brigham and Woman's Hospital would mind sharing what kind of experiences they had there. Thanks! Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/04 2:45 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Stephanie, I had my Open RNY at Brigham & Women's with Dr. Robinson. I cannot say enough about the good care I received . The nursing staff was very nice and quick to respond when I had a problem. Even the nursing assts were good. My hosp. roomate and I were joking about hiring one of them to come home with us. My surgery was in Feb of 2002.
StephLL
on 9/3/04 2:53 am - Stoughton, MA
Thanks so much for the info Kimberly! It means a lot ot me.
sharons_ma
on 9/3/04 9:41 am - Boston, MA
Stepanie - I had mine at B&W with Dr. Lautz. The staff was very professional, patient and kind. I have absolutely no complaints about my care. Now, so far as my roommate(s) went, that's another story. - Sharon
StephLL
on 9/3/04 10:07 am - Stoughton, MA
That's my surgeon!!! Oh I'm relieved to hear that you had a good experience. If you don't mind me asking, what proceedure did you have and was it open or lap? Thanks so much, Stephanie
sharons_ma
on 9/3/04 10:17 am - Boston, MA
Open! My two month anniversary was on the 28th... down 50lbs so far. I have no regrets whatsoever. The first day in the hospital I felt lousy. But it got progressively better with each day. The staff helped a lot. They were very encouraging. - Sharon
StephLL
on 9/3/04 10:21 am - Stoughton, MA
That's how I am having it too! Ok once last questions for you...did you have it with an epidural? If so, were you able to stay away from the loopy drugs? (that's what I'm hoping for)
sharons_ma
on 9/3/04 10:57 am - Boston, MA
Epidural - Yes Loopy drugs... the first day. No choice with that. They have you hooked up when you go into the recovery room. You're on a pain pump so you control how much and when. I think I used the pump twice on the second day (after getting out of bed and taking a walk) but then I was all set. The prescribed some liquid pain meds for me when I went home, but it's still in my fridge. All I will say is there's no need for you to be in pain. You will be less mobile if you are so it's better to take the meds and move. Just my two cents. Best of luck with you! You'll do fine. - Sharon
StephLL
on 9/3/04 11:18 am - Stoughton, MA
Sharon, you rock! Thanks so much for the info!!!
sharons_ma
on 9/3/04 11:55 am - Boston, MA
Any time! Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs