Sitting on pins and needles.

Michelle N.
on 9/2/04 10:51 am - West Springfield, MA
Tuesday I went to see my surgeon and of course, went through which procedure I have chosen. Then those sweet words came out of his mouth. "Your ready for surgery. Just let us get your insurance to approve you." I was gleefully happy. My insurance takes 2 weeks for an answer so I know days will go by slowly. I don't know what to do in some cases. I have cut down on smoking but find I can't go a day without atleast 1. I am trying my hardest to do things to keep it off my mind. Another problem is my appetite is never satiated which in due to my having the depoprovara shot. I will be taken off of it. I'm at my highest weight I've ever been at this moment. I recently purchased a Bowflex and love working out on it. The days I don't work on it I walk over 30 minutes each night. Any tips or suggestions? I would greatfully appreciate it. Also one question, how do you get your picture beside each post you write? Thanks a bunch and god bless.
Luann S.
on 9/3/04 10:50 pm - Randolph, MA
Michelle, It sounds like you are taking the right steps getting ready for surgery. Take it a day at a time and it will be here before you know it! Sorry , I can't answer your question about the picture. Luann
Jaimi P.
on 9/4/04 1:54 pm - Three Rivers, MA
Hi Michelle!!! Good luck with Dr. Fialo, I live locally. I chose Dr. Kasper. He is wonderful. My surgery date is 9/14/04!!! I'm going to Mercy!! Good luck and we should become WL buddies!!
Kim T.
on 9/7/04 7:28 am - Dracut, MA
just wanted to wish you luck, it seems you have prepared well for surgery, CONGRATS on that... well, except one thing, the smoking!! I've smoked for 15 yrs.. but i quit 4 months before surgery and stayed quit for 2 months after surgery (i know i'm preaching and i shouldnt be) I recently went back to smoking... but seriously it makes a BIG difference in your lung capacity after surgery AND most definately in healing.. lots of luck!! ~Kim
Michelle N.
on 9/7/04 11:43 am - West Springfield, MA
I want to thank you all for the support. It's hard trying to do what the doctors want you to do but I know in the long run, it's well worth it. Kim, I congratulate you on quitting smoking after those many years but starting up again is a bad thing. It makes you feel good and better when smoke free and I should take my own advice on this too. I know you have the power to quit again. I know I have the will power in me to stop but with a household full of smokers, it's pretty tough. Jaimi, congrats on your surgery date! It would be a great opprotunity to meet you and become WL buddies. Alot of support like that really helps with everying in time of need. I haven't recieved the call yet but I am still waiting!! I have prepared myself well I do believe. Kim is right, the smoking is what does it!! I am trying my best but it is tough. I can only try...I bought a bowflex to help in those days I do not walk. The days I walk I don't do the bowflex so everyday I get exercise one way or another. I still seem to gain weight all because of the nasty lil birth control I'm taking but I sure will stop that. Thats one downfall I have and I don't like gaining weight, then again who does. Once again I thank you all very very much for the support. God bless you all and much wishes to you Jaimi and goodluck! Please keep me posted!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views