Hi, I am new here

Rose P.
on 8/31/04 7:06 am - Linwood, MA
I am considering the band but I am so terrified of any surgery at all lol so I guess that doesn't make me a good candidate. I am so tired of fighting this battle with my weight. I feel hopeless and helpless and I just want to live a healthy and happy life. I know that being thinner does not hold all of the answers but hey, I would rather be thin and miserable than fat and miserable lol. Nice to meet you all. Rose
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/04 9:52 am - haverhill, MA
Hi Rose I did not have the lap band....I went with the RNY....having this surgery was the best thing I ever did for myself. Good luck with your research.
StephLL
on 8/31/04 10:48 am - Stoughton, MA
Hi Rose, I just wanted to share that a very valuable part of my research was attending information sessions at the hospitals I was considering for surgery. They gave great explinations. Just something to think about. Wishing you all the best, Stephanie
rhail69
on 8/31/04 1:55 pm - Salisbury, MA
Hi Rose! I am new also this website is great. I am still researchng stuff before i decide. I am kinda nervous to of surgery. Look over the website and read about people who already had it done it helps alot. Good luck with your journey! Rhonda
Sarah R.
on 8/31/04 11:23 pm - Whitinsville, MA
Rose, I just joined this board yesterday too. I am also very nervous. I am considering surgery. Not too sure of what type yet. I'm leaning towards the LAPBAND. My friend just had Bypass surgery and is doing well, and my other friend is getting LAPBAND. I am going to a meeting with her tonight. I can't wait to go. Good luck with what you decide. I hope we can meet sometime. (you live the next town over, wierd huh??) Sarah
Luann S.
on 9/1/04 7:55 am - Randolph, MA
Hey Rose and everyone else considering surgery! Anyone with any brains has a healthy fear of surgery. There are risks to any type of surgery. But surgeries save lives and the better you control your fear the better you will do during and after surgery. Here is a link to an amazing woman who helps people prepare for surgery http://www.healfaster.com/. I used her book when I had shoulder surgery last year and have begun reading it again. She also does individual work with people. Once you have done your research and perhaps decide to go with surgery, I would highly recommend this resource for preparing for surgery. On another note, I am having a co-worker who does Reiki see me in the holding area the day of my surgery and a few times before surgery. Reiki is a method of helping to channel the body's energy. My dear friend was frantic about having her kidney removed for cancer and she had a few Reiki sessions before hand. After the surgery her surgeon told her: "This was the most amazing surgery of it's kind I have ever done. It was as if a pair of hands was lifting the kidney and tumor up into mine!" Now, that is an unheard of comment from a surgeon! So there might be something to Reiki in helping with surgery, too. Good luck to everyone! Luann
Michelle N.
on 9/2/04 10:31 am - West Springfield, MA
Welcome Rose! I too am getting Lapband and I think it is the best choice since it's reversable, adjustable and much more safer. I wish you the best of luck and pray for you. ~Chelle.
Caeli B.
on 9/3/04 2:20 am - Boston, MA
I am getting banded by Dr. Vernon at Brigham & Women's at the end of October. I too went through the "terrified" phase but found that the more research I did and the more people I talked to (online) who had been through the surgery the more convinced I became that I was making the right decision. I strongly suggest you check out the Lap Band Forum on this site for specific info and Lap Band support. Best of luck! Caeli
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views