Hi! I am new to the websi...

rhail69
on 8/28/04 2:38 pm - Salisbury, MA
Hi! I am new to the website. I wanted to know if any one in Mass has had their suergy at Beverly Hunt Hospital and how it went. Also to let any one know their having a Information night their on september 20Th From 6-8:00P.m. Presantation by Dr Thomas Johnson who also does the suergy. I would love to hear from anyone with information on this. Also just in the beginning of my journey very nervous about the whole process but just need more infomation. Thanks Rhonda
Luann S.
on 8/29/04 12:06 am - Randolph, MA
Welcome Rhonda! You came to the right place for support and information as you begin this journey! Luann
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 8/29/04 1:27 am - 128 Belt, MA
Hi Rhonda, First you need to visit the Mass. Dept of Public Health website. recently a 60+_ page set of guidelines were issued for gastric bypass surgery. Then you want to read the hospital and physician posts listed here to get an idea of which hospitals people liked or didn't like, as well as impressions of physicians. You want to use a physician that has lots of experience performing your surgery. And you want a hospital that is equipped to handle us larger patients. If you are thinking of Lap Band surgery, not many surgeons in the area have a great number of cases to claim credit to. This is because the lap band just recently became approve in jan 04 for some insurances. After researching this dilemma myself, it appears that physicians with lots of laproscopy experience of the large person, who have been performing RYN surgery would be the next best bet. I think you should call individual doctor offices and ask how many surgeries of X type have you done. Ask- Do you have a specific practice in Bariatrics, and does the hospital have a bariatric area the surgery area, and patient rooms. How long has this physican and hospital been involved in Bariatric care. I think after you read the web site listings for hospitals and physicians, you will find yourself having your surgery in a location close or in Boston. Good LucK with your research. Joan F--consult scheduled
rhail69
on 8/29/04 2:36 am - Salisbury, MA
Hi Joan, Thanks soo much for the information. I have read alot on the website and looked at the lists of hospitals and docotors so many to choose from.Like i said before I just need to research alot more before i really decide. Also I am going to that information night at Beverly HospitaL just to get more information. This website is great thanks so much to every one for welcoming me this is great! Rhonda
(deactivated member)
on 8/29/04 9:49 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Rhonda Welcome! I do not know much about the Beverly..Hunt Hospital program. From what I do know....it is a very new program. Good luck. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views