Surgeons in MA?

Lisa S.
on 8/26/04 6:42 am - Pittsfield, MA
I live in the western end of the state and am looking for a good surgeon. Any advice or stories anyone can share?
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/04 1:14 pm - haverhill, MA
I just wanted to say welcome. I don't know any of the surgeons out in your area, but I am sure someone can fill you in. Kim
Lisa S.
on 8/26/04 10:30 pm - Pittsfield, MA
Thank you so much Kim. I am a little scared of the process and I hope it all goes OK. It is very encouraging to read these postings and know there is so much support. Honestly I am amazed at how many people have had this surgery. Thank you again for your kind words.
Amy B.
on 8/27/04 3:22 am - Springfield, MA
John Kasper, MD is wonderful. New England Surgical Group, Springfield, MA.
NoSurrender
on 8/27/04 10:15 am - Oxford, MA
Have you done a surgeon search here at this site yet? I just checked for hospitals in Western MA and got these two http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+hospital+detail+Baystate+Medical+Center+gqs.html http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+hospital+detail+Mercy+Medical+Center+jgh.html each of those pages lists the doctors who perform bariatric surgery at that hospital. You could probably contact some of the folks who have posted reviews and ask them about their surgeon. Good luck!
Paula Z.
on 8/29/04 7:06 am - Holyoke, MA
Hi Lisa, I live in Holyoke and my surgery is scheduled for Oct. 14th. I go to Dr, Munshi at Baystate. There are three surgeons there and they go to Baystate Medical Ctr. in Springfield. They have a monthly support group that meets once a month in the Berkshires. You can go and just listen.Call the office at 413-794-7020 and ask when and where that group meets. Go to a meeting and just listen, then if you like what you hear, make an appointment. I can tell you that I called the office to get my paperwork started in Oct. of last year and my surgery is this Oct. It is a long process. You can e-mail me privately at [email protected] if you want further info. Paula
CR4689
on 8/29/04 2:08 pm - Pembroke, MA
Hi, My Doctor in Sheldon Randall at Lawerance Memorial Hospital in Medford. He is the BEST. He was both my sisters and my surgen. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views