insurance approval questions...

jessiem
on 8/24/04 12:02 pm - Uxbridge, MA
I got my packet of info to fill out today. I have an appointment set up soon to meet with the nutritionist, psychologist and the surgeon himself. The packet that I got includes the PCP stuff too. But, on it are all kinds of questions about diets my PCP has had me on. I've never really been on a specific program like that. My doctors have always just said eat better and excersize more. I know its been written down but i've never actually been put on any regimens. Also, I've been through 3 PCPs in the last 4 years. Who is going to write this letter. I have not switched doctors, they just keep leaving and referring me to the next guy in line and it was so much easier for insurance purposes to stay with the same practice. Everyone was great but there's no consistency and I'm afraid that will hurt me. I have been on the commercial diets such as jenny craig and weigh****chers but they were long ago and I doubt there are records. I even went to "fat camp" in highschool and have tried low carb things but they affect me funny since I have no gallbladder already.... so does anyone know how bad this might hurt me??? I plan on calling the surgeons office tomorrow but I still would like a clue before hand... also one more thing what does DH mean when referring to your husband??? It's been bugging me since I started reading posts!!!!
Kim T.
on 8/24/04 11:28 pm - Dracut, MA
Hi when i filled out my forms i just wrote down ANY diet i have ever been on, whether my PCP knew about it or not. Jenny craig, or whichever have records if they are necessary... (but i never needed proof i was on them) from atkins to metabolife to the "cambridge diet" i was on over 20 yrs ago, i put them ALL down. Maybe a good idea is to write down all your past diet attempts and approximate year you were trying them, take to your PCP with the paperwork and have them write up some sort of letter, i find the more organized you are, and when you just put it in their lap they usually follow thru quickly. Lots of luck! ~Kim
Luann S.
on 8/25/04 9:38 am - Randolph, MA
Some people use DH to refer to Darling Hubby or Dear Husband. Since mine is the ex, I don't use either! I agree that writing down your history of diet attempts and dates if known would be helpful. Your records should all still be with your PCP practice even if the providers have changed and whoever is your PCP now should sign off on the forms. Good luck! Luann
Dave_K
on 8/26/04 12:15 pm - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
I would mention any diet attempts you made after meeting with one of your doctors who suggested weight loss. In my case, I had enrolled in the Nutri-System program twice over 7 years ago and over 10 years ago. Nutri-System was supervised by a doctor. As far as I know, my insurer (Blue Cross) never contacted Nutri-System to verify if I was a client. I hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views