Hi Has any one had or her...

CoolWaterMom
on 8/22/04 1:40 pm - Monument Beach, MA
Hi Has any one had or herd of what is called a Mini Gastric Bi Pass. It is done with laparoscope. It cuts the surgical time down to 30 min and the recovery time by weeks. I have been researching it and relay like the thought of it but I can't seem to find the name of a Dr. or hospital in Mass that dose them. If any one has had one or knows anything about if they do this in Mass please let me know Thanks Loretta
NoSurrender
on 8/23/04 3:04 am - Oxford, MA
My girlfriend had it done. She had to go to NC with Dr. Rutledge to have it done, though I understand that there are now other surgeons who are performing the procedure (but I don't know where). I think you can find a bunch of infomation on it by doing a google search on Mini Gastric Bypass. It is my understanding that there is no "dumping" w/ this procedure, so if you're looking to have your surgery help you avoid sweets, this is not the procedure for you. It is also my understanding that a lot of insurance companies do not cover this particular procedure, but I may be wrong about that.
CoolWaterMom
on 8/23/04 10:40 am - Monument Beach, MA
Yes thats about what I am finding when I do web sercehes is that one Dr. But I will keep trying thanks for the info
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views