On the mend - Round Two...

Liz F.
on 8/21/04 3:17 am - West Quincy, MA
Well, I was rushed by ambulance back into Boston Medical this past Monday August 16th around midnight. Several rounds of morphine and other drugs still could not stop the pain I was in, so they gave me all kinds of tests, scans, what have you. Turns out I had a seroma, which is a build up of fluid in an incision area where they actually removed tissue for testing, which left an open area for this to happen. Even the surgeon said I looked like hell - that made me feel good So, road to recovery had a setback, but I am going at it again with a visiting nurse and no bending, stretching, pulling, driving, anything for the next 3 weeks. But I will TRY to get up here as often as I can to check mail, etc - as you can tell it has been over a week this time around before I could get up the stairs to the computers. THANK YOU everyone for all of the cards, flowers, calls and visits. The surgeon told me no visitors now until he sees me in 3 weeks - guess I need to behave
Luann S.
on 8/21/04 8:53 am - Randolph, MA
Ughhhhhh! Liz, that sounds awful! I am already not liking this research study and the thoughts of THAT happening........yuck! Please take good care of yourself and follow Dr's orders! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Luann
Liz F.
on 8/24/04 12:43 am - West Quincy, MA
Just keep it in mind and make sure they pay extra attention to the areas where they take the samples from... I knew I should have had them take them from my butt! Liz F. Post Op as of 08/10/2004 Follow up with surgeon on Sept 10th
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/04 1:40 pm - haverhill, MA
Liz, I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time! I hope you are on the road to recovery soon!
Knotty D.
on 8/21/04 3:55 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hope you are feeling better. I have to have hernia surgery Monday as I have lost 85 pounds in four months, and I have a hernia in a hole that they stuck the camera through. Keep your chin up, you'll fell better soon. Joe
chipo
on 8/22/04 1:16 am - Boston, MA
Hi Liz, Sorry to hear you were feeling unwell, but glad to hear the problem was identified and is being resolved. Hope you feel better soon and wishing you a smooth journey from here on. Muka.
LaLa ..
on 8/22/04 3:00 am - Springfield, MA
Well, now that the excitement is over...you can rest!!! Take care and follow doctor's order's!! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Charlotte
Lisa H.
on 8/22/04 12:56 pm - Boston, MA
wow I'm so sorry to hear that.. I hop you feel better.. now hurry back please
Lisa B.
on 8/23/04 3:10 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Hey there sorry to hear about your setback ,But it sounds like u are on your way to recovering .Take advantage of this time read a good book organize your photo albums or pictures .Well hope u r feeling better soon and keep smiling .Lisa B
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views