Happy Birthday to Me

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/04 11:57 am - haverhill, MA
Today is my birthday.I turned 42. I spent the day engaging in some retail therapy. Found a nice new purse and a cozy terry bathrobe. I went to Chatila's bakery in Salem NH. It is a sugar free bakery. I bought two individual sf cheesecakes for myself(one for tonight....one for tommorrow). The rest of the family had their regular cake and ice cream. Also I am still away from the string cheese. I have lost 9 pounds in less than two weeks . I am back to my lowest weight of 133.
Luann S.
on 8/19/04 2:33 pm - Randolph, MA
Happy Birthday to you! I've heard about that bakery! Sounds yummy! Did you go on your trip to Tanglewood yet? Hope you completely enjoyed your birthday and many more happy and healthy ones! And who knew string cheese could hold onto that much weight! Everything in moderation I guess and watch out for triggers! Thanks for sharing that lesson. Luann
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/04 12:03 am - haverhill, MA
Luann, You are correct....moderation. String cheese is a perfectly appropriate food for us....in the proper amounts. Sometimes old habits come back to haunt us....and the best thing to do is to nip that habit in the bud. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yes, we went to the Berkshires earlier this month. Didn't get to Tanglewood because there wasn't anything of interest going on while we were there. We did get to the Rockwell museum and to the Outlet stores In Lee though!
cinnponce
on 8/19/04 8:04 pm - Seminole, FL
Happy Birthday Kimberly I wish you many more happy and healthy birthdays. That is amazing about the string cheese. I'll have to remember that lesson. I am a cheeseaholic. I'm going to have to look for a SF bakery here on the South Shore. Keep up the great work and thanks for all your support for the rest of us. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/04 12:07 am - haverhill, MA
Thanks for the birthday wishes Sue! The SF bakery is a place I visit on special occasions. The last time I went was last summer...for my birthday. Good stuff! String cheese is a perfectly appropriate food for post ops....it is the amount of it that I was eating that was a problem. I was doing a lot of fridge drive-bys. I now force myself to sit down and pay attention to my food.
Donna D.
on 8/19/04 10:02 pm - Randolph, MA
Happy Birthday Kimberly! the funny thing is that my sister, also a WLS person, has LOST weight on the South Beach diet & she eats tons of cheese. All of it low-fat. I guess everyone's body is different. Donna
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/04 12:09 am - haverhill, MA
Cheese is a perfectly appropriate post op food. My problem was the amount of it that I was eating. You are correct....every one has a different body. My problem is that .......in my mind..."some is good....more is better". Thanks for the birthday wishes!
Karen B.
on 8/19/04 11:23 pm - Vineyard Haven, MA
Hi Kim, Happy birthday!! It was my birthday too. I was so busy enjoying it, that I didn't read the message boards yesterday. I wish I had thought abouit sf cheesecake, sounds yummy. My family enjoyed my cake, and I enjoyed watching them eat it. So glad to hear you are at your lowest weight again...such a great feeling. Here's to another great year.
(deactivated member)
on 8/20/04 12:13 am - haverhill, MA
Thanks for the birthday wishes Karen. I hope you enjoyed your day too!
cinnponce
on 8/20/04 9:35 am - Seminole, FL
Karen, Happy belated birthday to you Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs