Hey you summer post-ops!

Luann S.
on 8/17/04 11:21 pm - Randolph, MA
Haven't heard from a lot of you who have had surgery since the start of summer. How are you doing who are further out from surgery-4-8 weeks? How is it going? What's working, what isn't, what is making you feel great? What milestones have you met? I for one really want to hear the good stuff from people, not just questions and concerns or worries! Give us who are pre-op a glimpse of the good things that await us! Luann
Kim T.
on 8/18/04 1:45 am - Dracut, MA
Hi Luann... well i had my surgery on 4/7/04, a bit before summer, but so far i'm down 63 lbs... today i stepped on the scale and it read 199!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even tell you what the feels like. i can never remember weighing one hundred anything! it's odd tho, i dont see myself as much less than i weighed before, i know none of my clothes fit anymore, and i'm in a size 18 usually, a few 16's here and there, but i still see the old me in the mirror LOL it's a strange thing! but i feel fantastic, i do have to get to the gym tho, i said when i hit 199 i'd be right back in the gym.. so hopefully by the end of this week i'll get that accomplished. and the eating has gotten MUCH easier, had a tough couple months at the beginning, but i'm figuring it all out now. Every day i find i can eat a lil something that i had a hard time with even a month ago.. lots of luck to you!! ~Kim
Donna D.
on 8/18/04 5:35 am - Randolph, MA
I'm here & 8 weeks post-op on Friday. I went to the nurtitionist today for weigh in & lost another 10 pounds. That's 31.5 in 8 weeks. I was hoping for more by now but I'm glad it's 30 off than on!! I can stage stage 5 so that's good. I've been craving salads & hadn't tried mush of tomatoes & lettuce. I go back in a month. Still having a hard time getting all my protein & fluid in but I keep trying. Donna
Mary O.
on 8/18/04 6:09 am - Monson, MA
Hi Luann. I had my surgery on June 22, 8weeks ago and I am down 50 lbs.(as of 12 days ago) I feel GREAT. It was all much easier than I had anticipated. I had the big cut, but I am all healed, even though the incision opened up 5 minutes after they took my staples out. It really wasn't painfull. I even went swimming in the ocean last week. I still haven't gone back to work yet,which is like a gift to myself. I am enjoying the summer, and doing things at home and with my kids. Also, I think you need the time to learn how and what to eat, for when I'm back to work. I've been able to eat a small salad with cottage cheese and or chicken salad (Pureed) or tuna or even shrimp mixed in it. Iam very glad that I can eat that because it will be easy to take a salad to work with me. I also eat a lot of chili. I make it with ground turkey or chicken and it goes down very easily. I can eat that 3 times a day I like it so much. The hardest thing for me to get down is water. It gags me. My nutritionist says that that is common after the surgery. I wish you luck with your surgery. It is absolutely worth it.
Knotty D.
on 8/18/04 1:55 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hi, I had my surgery on April 12th, 4 months ago. I am down 85 pounds and now weigh 194. Exercise and 80-100 grams of protein a day seem to work for me. Joe
Luann S.
on 8/19/04 7:33 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks everyone for your replys! And congrats to all doing so well I am so excited for all of you! I am reading Carnie Wilson's new book Still Hungry,which has some helpful suggestions, but she is a bit dim and I would rather hear from real people! Please continue to post your triumphs! Luann
lily K.
on 8/19/04 10:16 pm - brockton, MA
hi luann i had my surgery on 7/6/04, so am about 6 weeks post op, have lost 40 lbs total (pre and post op) go in for my next check up to NEMC next week, so far no nausea, no vomiting, and i have no problem with getting my liquids in. i do miss my diet pepsi as i find most of the crystal lights too sweet or after tasty. ( i do like the rasberry lemonade) and do drink a lot of poland spring water. had no real complications but about week 3 the area around my lower left incision started to be painful when i moved. the only comfortable position i could find was laying in bed, not good when i was going back to work!! tylenol never did anything for me, so the P/A prescribed celebrex and after taking it for 2 days the pain was under control. now i feel great and am back to walking about 20-30 min a day, will probably go back to gym after labor day to step up the exercise. although this is not easy, it has been the right decision for me, my diabetes is under control now w/o drugs or insulin for the first time in 10 yrs!!! good luck on your journey
Mea A.
on 8/21/04 2:09 pm - Western, MA
Hi Luann - I had my WLS on July 12 so I am just about 6 weeks out . I have lost 34 1/2 pounds so far . That puts me at 296.5 lbs, which I haven't been under 300 lbs in about 5 years . I had no complications and no food issues, except for a sugar free sundae at Friendly's that made me . You posted that you're looking for a glimpse of the good, well, this is the best thing I have ever done for myself in years . My feet were swollen up to a size 10 pre-op, now they're down to an 8-8 1/2 where they belong. My 32 pants are getting much too big, I bought some shorts they other day they were size 26/28. I feel so much better physically. This has been a gift from God in my opinion . Good Luck, Mea
Luann S.
on 8/23/04 12:16 pm - Randolph, MA
I love hearing all these success stories! Keep up the good work! Luann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs