Numbness in thigh???

jillybugz
on 8/10/04 10:52 pm - East Boston, MA
Good morning, I had surgery in 14th of July and have had numbess in my right thigh since. My surgeon said it will go away eventually. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this and if so how long did it take to go away? Have a great day! Deb
Rebekah M.
on 8/11/04 7:14 am - Framingham, MA
Hi, there. I had my surgery July 27th. I have numbness in my...ummmm, how do I put this...derrier...left of the tailbone. My doc told me it would go away as well...said it was probably from laying in one position for too long after the surgery. Good luck. -Rebekah
Luann S.
on 8/11/04 8:46 am - Randolph, MA
I read about this somewhere else or heard about it in support group. It is most likely from lying in one position DURING surgery and having a strap on the table or someone in the OR pressing against your leg. It will likely go away with time but don't let anyone make you feel as if you didn't move enough when you were recovering in the hospital. It probably happened when you were under anesthesia! Some people also complain about shoulder or arm numbness. The head of the table is tipped downward and there are straps there to hold you in place also. Luann
Dave_K
on 8/17/04 4:59 am - 5 miles West of Boston, MA
Hi! I had my surgery a week ago and have been experiencing the exact same thing! The thigh occasionally goes from feeling numb to feeling pins and needles. I was worried I had a blood clot or something and will be asking my surgeon about this during my follow up appointment next week. Dave
BostonJeff
on 8/18/04 9:32 pm - Malden, MA
Interesting that you bring this up.. I've had numbness in my right thigh and left shoulder since surgery 11 weeks ago .. sometimes it really hurts too - very weird. My surgeon said the shoulder was due to all the shots and stuff for pain numbing drugs, insulin, etc and that my thigh numbness was some nerve that gets pinched sometimes during surgery and recovery and it'd eventually go away.. but it hasn't !! I should call again I guess as it's very annoying.. Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views