string cheese intervention required

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/04 2:10 am - haverhill, MA
AS I posted on the main message board......My name is Kim and I am a string cheese addict! LOL. I really am having a problem with it....too much of it. It goes down way too easy and I seem to grab some everytime I walk past the fridge. It has been a staple of my post op diet...but there are other appropriate ways to get protein and calcium. I ran out of it last night. I didn't replace it today.....string cheeseless......day one
Julie H.
on 8/10/04 9:17 am - Georgetown, MA
Hey Kim Good for you- I am the same way with breakstones four packs of cottage cheese. I eat it everyday. Although I did see one lonely string cheese in the back of my fridge this morning that I didn't know was there. I live in Georgetown if the stores are closed and you can't get any!!! Julie ;)
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/04 9:54 am - haverhill, MA
oh...an enabler huh? ....just kidding. The food problems never really leave....I have had to stop other things in the past...pretzels for instance...those don't even come near my house!
Julie H.
on 8/10/04 10:06 am - Georgetown, MA
Guilty as charged! I do that all the time. I don't even realize I am doing that to my family sometimes. Ok, I will give it to my big boned doggie so nobody is tempted by it. Julie
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/04 9:58 pm - haverhill, MA
hmmm...big boned doggie.....I have one of those too. He gets alot of left over stuff.
Luann S.
on 8/10/04 12:51 pm - Randolph, MA
Well Kim, admitting you are powerless over string cheese is the first step! LOL! I love the stuff too! Try not to buy any for awhile and have it for a special treat when you do get some. Remember, " ...Grant me the serenity to accept the cheese I cannot change.....the courage to change the cheese I can and the wisdom to know the difference! " (and not making fun of anyone's spiritual road to any kind of recovery, just pointing out that this works for any kind of "addictive" behavior) Luann
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/04 10:00 pm - haverhill, MA
I agree. cute adaptation! I haven't bought any new supplies of the dreaded stuff. String cheeseless.....day two
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views