Surgery this afternoon

Kari P.
on 8/9/04 11:39 pm - Cambridge, MA
Hello all. This is my first time posting here. I'm leaving in three hours to head to the hospital for my surgery (lap RNY), which is scheduled for 3:45 p.m. today. Wish me luck and send plenty of good thoughts my way. This has been a long journey for me (almost three years), building up to this day. After spending part of yesterday trying to get that nasty phospho soda down, I went to bed and fell asleep relatively easily by 11:30 p.m. last night, woke up at 5:30 a.m. (my usual wake up time), and I'm ready to go, three hours before my ride is even going to arrive! Believe it or not, I'm feeling relatively calm right now, but things may change once I get to the hospital! Sure, there's the fear of the unknown, but I think I must be at peace with everything. Anyway, I will try to keep post again once I'm back home. Thanks for listening, and take care!
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/04 12:59 am - haverhill, MA
Best of luck Kari! I hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted. Do you have anyone checking in on you?
Kari P.
on 8/10/04 1:29 am - Cambridge, MA
Thanks, Kimberly! I have friends checking in on me, but no one from this board. Will try to get online when I get back home.
Luann S.
on 8/10/04 12:44 pm - Randolph, MA
Good luck Kari! Hope everything went well and you will post again when you are home and feeling well. Luann
Kari P.
on 8/14/04 7:11 am - Cambridge, MA
Hello all! Just got back from the hospital (MGH) yesterday afternoon (Friday), and doing well after lap RNY on Tuesday. Every day I can feel my strength returning, yet I still find it hard to believe that the surgery actually happened! I can't believe that I'm actually embarking on this wonderful journey! Let my new life begin!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views