I am soooooo ready for this surgery!

Luann S.
on 8/7/04 10:01 am - Randolph, MA
I just came back from the second birthday dinner celebration this week. UGHHHH! I am so ready to stop this kind of eating!!!! I am enrolled in a research project at BMC which will mean using the HMR protien shakes for a month prior to surgery. I am actually counting down the days until I can begin this strong motivator to stop eating like this!!!!! Did any of you get this feeling before surgery that you are just sick of eating????? I know Liz has had great success in losing weight in this pre-op plan. I will be thinking of you Liz as your surgery approaches. Do you have an yet? Who is the other person having surgery at BMC next week? Is anyone else scheduled for surgery in the upcoming week? If so let us know so we can sent good thoughts! Luann
Liz F.
on 8/7/04 12:17 pm - West Quincy, MA
I think Jennider S. is the day after me, and another lady already had hers - I forget her name though - shame on me - they were both sitting at the opposite end of the table from me at the last support group meeting. I did so good on the HMR plan this past month - 25 pounds off in 3 weeks, hopefully more when I check in on Monday. Today we went to Vinny T's for Mom's 70th birthday - I had Chicken Basilica - cleared it with them at BMC before I went too. It was OK but I could not eat it all - go figure - a few months ago I could have eaten everything and then some! Right now I am cramming the work in - I volunteer at 5 different places, and man I am struggling to get the stuff done before Tuesday - oh well it will still be here when I get home I am sure Tomorrow is clean the house day - Hubby is getting toilet duty - LOLOL! I will make sure you all get the word as soon as I am out on Tuesday - should be home on Friday the 13th - woohoo! Liz F. West Quincy, MA. Pre-Op 08/10/2004 HOLY SHIRT!
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/04 1:47 am - haverhill, MA
Luann, I can relate to that feeling of being sick of over eating. I was so tired of being ruled by food that was unhealthy and just plain bad for me. I think that is why I took to this new way of thinking about food and nutrition as a post op. I truly wanted a way to put sugary foods and fast food restaurants behind me. The surgery was just the tool I needed.
Donna D.
on 8/9/04 6:09 am - Randolph, MA
Yes, I can relate Luann. I was so anxious to have the surgery overwith so that I would have control of my life. I tried to loose weight before hand but the less I ate it didn't seem to make any difference. I didn't do the HMR but I did last year & lost 20 pounds in a few weeks. You can do it Luann. Good luck. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views