Mass Public Health Standards released

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 8/4/04 12:37 pm - 128 Belt, MA
For people thinking or waiting for surgery, today, Massachusetts Dept of Public Health released standards for weight loss surgery. Link:http://www.mass.gov/dph/betsylehman/index.htm
Jennifer S.
on 8/4/04 2:40 pm - Randolph, MA
I saw that on the news. When does it go into effect? I skimmed the document but didn't see anything.
Donna D.
on 8/5/04 5:41 am - Randolph, MA
Currently it is a suggestion and not a standard of care issue as yet. The 3 deaths they note, one was in Rhode Island & one was an anesthesia death on a gentleman who had a lap band, not the RNY gastric bypass. But some of their suggestions are for good follow-up after surgery with counseling, etc & I totally agree with that. Donna
Luann S.
on 8/5/04 6:46 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks for the link Joan. Did you see the Commissioner of Public Health on Channel 5 last night? I think she did a beautiful job of talking about her experience with obestiy, surgery and life after losing 100 lbs. Brave woman, being in the public eye and speaking out about such a personal issue! She looks great, too! Luann
cinnponce
on 8/5/04 7:55 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Luann, I just saw the same piece on the news now. She did a great job. It's nice to have someone that brave to speak out publically. Hopefully, people will listen to her. Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views