Meridia??

Jodi H.
on 7/21/04 3:03 am - Amesbury, MA
Has anyone ever used this weight loss medication prior to surgery? Please let me know. It has been perscribed to me by NEMC for the pre op weight loss. Jodi-
Liz F.
on 7/21/04 11:58 am - West Quincy, MA
They *tried* to get me on it too but after seeing the commercials for it on TV and listening to all the possible complications - heart problems being one of them - I said no way no way no way. Plus it is not covered by insurance. Just my opinion Ask them about HMR - I just finished my first week back on it and I lost 14 pounds in 5 days - woohoo! HMR is also not covered by insurance though... Liz F. West Quincy, MA. Pre-Op 08/10/2004
kim ..
on 7/21/04 12:32 pm - Arlington, MA
Hi Liz are you doing HMR 500?? I just started that myself for the first time tho. Just started monday i dont feel like i lost anything but ill tell you i am so freakin hungry its not funny i am doing 5 a day how bout you? also have you tried the chicken soup one? also im paying 23.50 for 18 is that what u pay just wondering. thanks Kim
Liz F.
on 7/21/04 11:33 pm - West Quincy, MA
I am doing the HMR 800 - 5 shakes a day and nothing else besides water and Crystal Light. Make sure you are drinking as much water or Crystal Light inbetween as you can - the hunger will subside, trust me. Plus you have to keep yourself real busy too The HMR 800 I am on costs $70.00 per week, not covered by insurance either. I am using the Chocolate flavor - the only other HMR 800 flavor is Vanilla, which I thought tastes awful and never mixes up right either. Plus it is very important to mix the HMR shakes with very cold water - it helps the shake mixture to actually expand and make you full. Plus it tastes better cold I think. Oh, and try to use only bottled or spring water - tap water will more than likely give you the trots Liz F. West Quincy, MA. Pre-Op 08/10/2004
Jodi H.
on 7/22/04 12:03 am - Amesbury, MA
I am not having any side affects from it--I really can't tell if it is helping the appitiete at all. I will let you know. I pais $100 for it so it better work! Jodi-
Luann S.
on 7/22/04 1:28 am - Randolph, MA
I was on Meridia about 2 years ago. It was right after they approved it for use with the SSRI antidepressants (Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac). At first it did help with my appetite and I lost about 12 lbs but it was not rapid loss. It also didn't work as well over time, so they increased the dose. Warning: If you take any of the SSRIs make sure you are seeing a psychopharmacologist for medication management. Meridia has a similar effect to the SSRIs. With the increased dose I developed a very dangerous condition called seretonin syndrome and was becoming psychotic among other serious problems (fever, increased blood pressure and pulse). My Zoloft was a long standing medication and was being prescribed by my primary care doctor but if I weren't aware of this situation, I don't know if she would have caught it. It can also cause dangerous elevation of blood pressure in people with hypertension. So....use with care! Get your BP checked on your own at a drug store if necessary and if you are on SSRIs let the prescribing provider know about the Meridia. Good luck! Luann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views