8-l hello all im new here

Lisa B.
on 7/19/04 4:27 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Hello all iam new here and am looking for some positive and friendly support ..I have support of family and loved ones but they have not gonr thru what i do everyday so they don't always understand where im coming from ..I live on cape cod in west yarmouth..And have a appt tomorrow actually with primary to setup referalls and such >Iam a 31 yrl old female my weight is 320 lbs .I know i will have to travel to boston alot and will probaly have to take the trips alone looking for travel buddy or vice versa ....Im scared to death and feeling alone on this island ..lol well hopefully and looking forward to hearing from you all ty ................... Lisa
Jodi H.
on 7/19/04 5:06 am - Amesbury, MA
WELCOME-It is great to have you!! We all understand-trust me. I am a patient at NEMC. I have a surgery date already but I am pre op!! This web site is great!!!!!!!! I hope everything works out for you!! What hospital are you going through? Jodi-
Lisa B.
on 7/20/04 7:38 am - West Yarmouth, MA
HI,Jodi thanks for the hello , I actually just got my paper work and referall from my Dr. I will be going to the weight loss clinic at new england medical .Dont know what surgeon or when just waiting for insurance and stuff .But i have masshealth and my Dr say's the r pretty good and they acceopt the surgery .So i guess im on my way ....Pretty scary stuff huh ..Well i also might have to have back surgery so that might slow things down unless they decide the bypass might benefit me more . Well jodi thanks for listening and being there still trying to figure this site out is it confusing or is it just me ? lol AND ALSO WHEN IS UR DATE A nd how long did the whole process take for u ?
Jodi H.
on 7/20/04 7:52 am - Amesbury, MA
Hi--my date as of right now is August 31st. I still have to lose some pre op weight though. My advice to you is to start your eating better now. I also go to NEMC. I have Dr. Michael Tarnoff for a surgeon. I started this whole process on June 1st, so it has not taken that long. 2-3 months it is for most people that were in my behavior class. You will soon be in one as well. Good luck and keep in touch this is a great place. Jodi-
Liz F.
on 7/19/04 5:14 am - West Quincy, MA
Welcome to the group! Who is your surgeon and which hospital are you going through? My surgeon is Dr. Hess out of Quincy Medical, but he operates out of Boston Medical. And you will never be alone from now on, no matter what! Liz F. West Quincy, MA. Pre-Op 08/10/2004
Lisa B.
on 7/20/04 7:41 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Thank you , I need all the support and once in a while a kick in the rear end if u know what i mean lol .Iam set up at new england medical just got my referall in today to the clininc..So i guess im on my way .. LIsa
cinnponce
on 7/19/04 11:17 am - Seminole, FL
Hi Lisa Welcome. I'm in the program at NEMC and I just got my surgery date today. NEMC has a wonderful program. Have you thought about where you want to have your surgery? Good Luck to you. This is a great place to get feedback and support. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/04 7:28 am - haverhill, MA
Welcome Lisa! Ask all your questions here....there are alot of us who have had this done already and can help. What hospital & surgeon are you going to?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views