So how is Fourth of July on the thin side?

Luann S.
on 7/4/04 9:16 am - Randolph, MA
Hi Everyone, Hope you are all having a good 4th! I had the big cookout yesterday before our parade and fireworks. I have been spending some time today taking the liberty of throwing those bad leftovers down the garbage disposal. I have been thinking about how my eating will be different next year and wondering how you post ops deal with these kind of celebrations that are so focused on food? I would love to hear everyone manages at different stages of recovery. Luann
Tammi A.
on 7/4/04 9:37 pm - North Attleboro, MA
Hi Luann.... We had a huge cookout at our house yesterday..(60 people).... My husband and I have both had LRNY. I bought all the food and prepared it (hamburgers, hotdogs,steak tips, all the salads, dips, desserts ) 2 days of food prep and we hardly ate a thing. Our focus for the first time wasnt on the food,but, on the company. Normally, we would have ate so much we were ticks LOL....... this year we just had a little steak, and some salad and since we were full, it wasnt even tempting to pick at the other stuff. It's amazing really..... how your mindset changes after the surgery....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views