YAY! The scale finally moved !

BostonJeff
on 6/24/04 1:34 am - Malden, MA
After all this ... pre-op: 339 post-op in hospital: 347 (fluids, IV, swelling, etc) 2 weeks post-op: 317 3.5 weeks post-op: 318 ... stuck.. for 1.5 weeks.. then finally today, this morning, I'm 315, down 3 lbs - FINALLY that scale moved! I guess I need to stop weighing myself so much..! Anyway.. here's my food yesterday: 7:30am - 8oz Ksahi Crunch mixed with 4oz 1% milk 10am - 5 tablespoons (maybe little less than tablespoon, but more than I used to have, to increase tuna/protein) tuna/light mayo on 5 wheat crackers 12 noon - 5 Cod nuggets, littled bit fried and breaded, each was maybe two bites, each lightly dipped in tarter sauce 2pm - couple pieces of cheese, 2oz maybe 6pm - bowl of homemade sausage/tomatoes/onions/garlic pasta sauce on Atkins low carb, high protein soy pasta (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup, it doesn't swell diuring cooking and didnt taste bad at all!) Then.. met my gal and we spent and hour or two hanging out and walking a mile or so around Castle Island.. Anyway.. just happy the scale moved and wanted to share lol Jeff
MLONG
on 6/24/04 2:13 am - Wales , MA
Great Jeff glad you are doing good. Bu****ch that fried and breaded food Maryann
cinnponce
on 6/24/04 5:18 am - Seminole, FL
Jeff, That is GREAT. You must be so happy! I know that plateaus are very hard to deal with. You might be better off if you picked one day a week to weigh yourself and not every day. I have a friend who gets on the scale every day and freaks if she gains an ounce. I, on the other hand, cannot deal with weighing myself daily. So, I wiegh myself once (maybe on occassion, twice) a week. You might want to try avoiding the fried and breaded foods. Try grilled or bake instead. I grill almost all my meats. I think you might be better off in the long term. And, it is healthier for you. Keep up the good work. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/04 8:53 am - haverhill, MA
Glad to hear that the scale finally went your way....keep up the good work.
sharons_ma
on 6/24/04 10:25 am - Boston, MA
Yippee!! Congratulations! BTW - I love Castle Island. I'm not going to go for a while, however, because I can't seem to go there without buying one of Sullivan's yummy hotdogs.
Lisa D.
on 6/25/04 1:44 am - Stoneham, MA
good for you!! Keep up the good work.
DJJCHARRIS
on 6/25/04 6:44 am - Winchendon, MA
Yaaaa whhoooo gotta love that meltin feelin I did notice that your menu looked the same as the other day. You gotta mix it up a little. Try: your cereal mixed with yogurt. Chicken or turkey salad - skip the crackers. If you need crunch soy nuts mixed in is yummy. Chili for lunch is awesome, with cheese of course. BBQ meat Just some ideas, don't want you to get stuck in a rut. And for the menu above you may be retaining water due to high salt. Best of luck Dawn -78
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views