What did you eat today?

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/04 1:06 pm - South of Boston, MA
Ok- I had a bad day food-wise, a very bad example today, I couldn't even log it on fitday, I didn't hit my goals. What do you eat today? Me- BF- attempted a "50 Gram Slam" protein drink from GNC in creamy vanilla, it tasted like overly sweet melted ice cream, and made me nauseous trying to swallow it- I probably got 3 oz down. But it *does have 50 grams of protein in a whole can. Lunch- Out/Applebee's Didn't order my own meal, figured I'd pick at DH's salad- which I did... I had three small strips of the chicken that was in it, a few slivers of almonds, and three pieces of the "tavern fries" appetizer, which I shouldn't have tried to begin with, and then I couldn't chew them. I felt full after the chicken pieces, so I gave up. Dinner- 2-3 oz of Boars Head Pepper Turkey Breast After Dinner- 1-2 oz cashews Beth -62 lbs.
Knotty D.
on 6/22/04 1:52 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hey, we all have bad days. One bad day does not matter in the long run. My worst day was a few weeks after surgery, and I tried turkey with gravy. I got sick, really sick. Vomiting and retching for the rest of the day. I couldn't even keep down water. That day all I got was 20 grams of protein, and 12 ounces of water. Joe
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/04 11:36 pm - South of Boston, MA
Sounds like one of my husbands' days! He also had RNY- and has had some bad luck with getting sick. I've been lucky so far, no throwing up, but a few occasions of eating too fast made me a bit woozy. Today is a new day! After I weigh in, it's the game of choosing SOMETHING for breakfast. Beth -62+
BostonJeff
on 6/23/04 4:44 am - Malden, MA
Hey! As for me.. today.. lets see.. I'm on my 4th week post op, so I'm still doing 5 meals a day.. 7:30am: 8oz kashi crunch for fiber and protein, with 4oz 1% milk 9:40am: 3oz tuna fish/light mayo on 5 wheat crackers 12noon: 5 two-bite pieces of fried Cod wiht light breading, little dip in tarter sauce, one french fry 2:30pm: 2oz of cheese, part skim moz, snack stick Around 5pm I'll eat 4 to 6oz of meat/bean chili and maybe around 8 I'll have 8oz of carnation instant breakfast or some more tuna on crackers.. As for water, as of 2:44pm I've gotten down about 40oz .. going for a refill now Jeff
DJJCHARRIS
on 6/23/04 5:21 am - Winchendon, MA
3 oz egg salad 1 oz beef jerky 1 oz smokehouse almonds 1 cup black bean soup 1/2 bag popcorn and 4 oz. fish & 1 oz. veggies are plan for supper. High in fats today - but protien will be well over 68. Dawn -78
Donna D.
on 6/23/04 9:33 am - Randolph, MA
I like that you guys are telling us what you are eating, even the bad stuff. It gives us all, pre & post ops, an idea of what to do to keep things on the menu interesting. Thanks Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views