Ok ... let's see what I ate today, shall we?

BostonJeff
on 6/22/04 5:01 am - Malden, MA
So ... as everyone knows... I've been having issues with weight loss. I started at 339, then after surgery, due to fluids and swelling, was up to 347, and after two weeks was down to 317.. then week 3 and now into week 4, I went up to 318, and am now back at 317. Observations: I don't think I was drinking enough and I was sipping while eating - big no no! Now I'm drinking the 64oz a day and my urine is much clearer (however, I'm going more often which stinks :P) I wasn't quite getting in enough protein, so now I'm trying to get in more. I was getting maybe 40 and now today I should hit 70 or more (MET-Rx bar was 36!) I wasn't walking enough, so today after work I'm going to walk a mile or more around Castle Island in the south of Boston.... Anyway.. here's what I've eaten today - let me know what ya'll think for a 4th week post-op from Dr Randall.. - 7:30 8oz Carnation Instant Breakfast, sugar free kind, mixed with 1% milk - 9:40am MET-Rx protein bar - Noon'ish, couple pieces of cheese, maybe 2oz worth - 2:30pm, 4oz container of meat/bean chili (homemade) ... how's this look so far? Around 5 I may eat another protein bar, and then my 7:30 or 8pm meal might be a breaded chicken breast from the oven (Tyson bag, really good!)... Opinions?? Jeff
Lisa D.
on 6/22/04 5:35 am - Stoneham, MA
Jeff, I dont know if you can eat eggs but I would suggested eating rather than drinking your breakfast. At four weeks here is what I was doing... 1) Breakfast - I eggs scrambled with non cooking spray with a slice of cheese. or oatmeal made with milk 2) Snack - 4 non salted saltines with reduced fat peanut butter 3) Lunch - some form of chicken 4) Snack - same as above snack or cheese strings 5) Dinner - some form of chicken 6) Late Snack - large glass of milk I also started walking every day for a minimum of 30 minutes. I think exercise is a huge part of speeding up the process. Hope this helps you. Should you ever need to talk please feel free to email me. I am a fellow Dr. Randall patient. good luck. open 2/11/04 down 124 lbs so far
BostonJeff
on 6/22/04 6:02 am - Malden, MA
Man.. why am I on this plateau already !! I'm gonna walk more !! ARGH! Thanks
DJJCHARRIS
on 6/22/04 6:36 am - Winchendon, MA
Jeff Honestly I think you are doing great. The averages state 5 lbs per week. How are you feeling? Energized and healthy? That is what counts. You will begin melting again very soon ! It is just a plateau, and it will be a short one..... this time. Dawn -78
Willi R.
on 6/22/04 9:29 am - Erving, MA
Hey Jeff, It looks to me that you are heading in the right direction. I am so glad that you are drinking more. I was worried about you. Sounds like you're cutting down on the really salty and higher fat stuff too. Are you begining to add in some veggies yet? I find that they help keep everything moving (if you know what I mean). I am plateauing too. It is frustrating but I am 29 lbs lighter than I was one month ago and I have to look at it that way. It also gives my skin a fighting chance to keep up! I know that with the amounts that I am eating (which are similar to yours) I will lose as soon as my body adjusts. I am confident that I will lose weight. You will too. When do you go to your next nutrition group? I was there today and was hoping that you'd be in this group, but you weren't there. Be well and keep doing what you're doing. Willi
sharons_ma
on 6/22/04 9:59 am - Boston, MA
Hey Jeff, Have you heard of Any Whey Tasteless Protein? It has 17g of protein. It has no taste. I've been adding it to my SF Carnation Instant Breakfast. Yummy. It can be added to anything, Cream of Wheat, Coffee, Soup, etc. It's an easy way to get a protein kick. you can find it at The Vitamin Shoppe and at bariatricEating.com I'm sure it can be found elsewhere too. Also, there are some ready-to-drink 'smoothies' that have 35 grams protein and 6 carbs. They are called Extreme Smoothies and come in a number of flavors. Most yummy when mixed in a blender with crushed ice. - Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views