I could have breathed all night!

Luann S.
on 6/21/04 10:15 pm - Randolph, MA
I had my CPAP titration and I think I may have breathed all night! The mask was VERY uncomfortable hot and kind of smelly, but wow, I have never woken up so alert! I thought I would have to stay home from work this morning to catch some extra sleep , but I'm just going to shower and head in. Of course a couple of other things may have contributed to the good night sleep, going to bed at 10PM, not eating after 7PM may have had something to do with it! I would like to hear about anyone's experiences with CPAP:mask vs. pillows, Bipap, etc. I am sure they are going to say I need it and I would like to know what seems to work best and what insurance will cover. I have BC Master Health Plus and have never been denied anything, so I am hopeful I can get what I want. The nose pillows sound much more comfortable. Oh yeah, the only bed they had was in the ICU. I kind of felt guilty taking up an ICU bed, but they had plenty more and for the nurses it was one less bed that could be filled during the night! Next: tomorrow I will find out if I am sane or not and then..........wait for approval and a date! Luann ~I am still a hot babe. It just comes in flashes ~
Cherie G.
on 6/22/04 10:56 pm - Lowell, MA
Hi Luann I been sleeping with a BiPap now for several months and had a cpap before that - in all I been using it for 5 yrs.. You really do get used to using it.. anyway I had this surgery done with hopes of not needing after a while.. Any questions you may have please ask.. Cherie
Luann S.
on 6/23/04 10:27 am - Randolph, MA
Thanks Cherie! I just found out I need to go back and have the test repeated! The little neck vibration thingy kept falling off. When I say I am a hot babe I mean it! I don't think all the tape in the world could keep that thing on my sweaty neck! Hopefully, when I go back Sunday, it will be the final test! Luann
Cherie G.
on 6/23/04 7:21 pm - Lowell, MA
luann, I wish you the best of luck ........ AM glad to see youhave a good sense of humor bout this I know how trying them sleep studies can be , Let me know how you make out... And again best of luck Cherie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views