Greetings!

Tammi A.
on 6/18/04 9:28 pm - North Attleboro, MA
Hello everyone... Im new to this message board so let me introduce myself. Im 38, married with one daughter and living in North Attleboro. I am post-op, having had LRNY on 5/3/04 with Dr Tarnoff. Im down 40 lbs since the surgery and I feel pretty darn good if I do say so myself!! Ive been kinda stuck at this plateau for about a week and its frustratingggggggg..... LOL ..... Im interested in finding a "penpal" or two, people who are going through this like I am. I have plenty of support at home, but, its nice to talk to people *****alllllllllly know what its like.
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/04 10:51 pm - haverhill, MA
Hi Tammy, Congratulations on your success so far. Keep up the good work. There's more to come.
Luann S.
on 6/18/04 11:27 pm - Randolph, MA
Welcome Tammi! I am still pre-op but just wanted to say hello I'm sure you will find what you are looking for here! Luann ~I'm still a hot babe. It just come flashes :~
Willi R.
on 6/19/04 6:18 am - Erving, MA
Hi Tammi and welcome! I think that 40 lb is a great loss. Be patient and think about the fact that you are 40 lb healthier than you were two months ago! Willi Ryan
cinnponce
on 6/20/04 11:49 am - Seminole, FL
HI Tammi, I am still pre-op but I am in the program at NEMC. I've spoken to Dr tarnoff by e-mail and once in person. I hear he is an excellent surgen and hope that is who I have. Although, I hear nothing but good things about Dr Shikora and Dr Kim as well. I think that it is great you have lost 40 lbs since your surgery. I'm looking forward to the day I can say the same. Don't get discouraged, I keep hearing on the different message boards that many people hit plateaus but then the losing starts again. I'm told if you stick to the eating and exercise programs, it works. Keep up the great work. Sue
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/04 1:56 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hey Tammi- I'm 25, married, three kidlets, living on the South Shore, had Lap RNY on 4/5/04... and my husband (27) also had the procedure on 5/10/04, both with Dr. Tarnoff. Five weeks apart- but I kinda wish we jumped the gun and went on the same day, lol. I'm down 60+ (11 weeks out)... and he's down 34+ (6 weeks out)... I also had a killer "plateau" about two weeks ago--- it eventually stopped, but it is definitely very frustrating to say the least. I don't know what caused it in my case, but upping your liquids couldn't hurt. I haven't had too many issues so far, other than dealing with having food take over the daily routine! It's taking a while to adjust to re-learn how to eat, and get in my protein and water. I'd love to be a e-mail penpal- I was hoping to start an e-mail list of post-ops from Massachusetts- if there was any interest. E-mail me if you'd like to! -Beth HW- 313 SW- 295 CW- 235 GW- 130 -60 since surgery, yahoo!
frannie S.
on 6/21/04 1:58 am - Boston, MA
hi tammi. i had LRNY with dr tarnoff a week before you and am down 50 lbs. i don't lose weight everyday!!!! as a matter of fact, i usually weight myself one time a week and notice i all the sudden will just BAM lose 5 lbs. so i'm technically losing about a pound a day. you are doing soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo normal! i don't consider what you are talking about as a "plateau".......we haven't even begun to see those yet from what i understand!!!! don't be so hard on yourself. you are doing fabulous!!!!!! sounds like we are neck and neck which is good to know.
frannie S.
on 6/21/04 2:13 am - Boston, MA
hi tammi, yeah, i love dr tarnoff. he's amazing. i just felt so confident in him. i go to margaret. i have decided to keep going, once a month, to just touch base with her and i ALWAYS have a list of questions for her. yeah, i USE to weigh myself daily....for years. have just decided i'm NOT going to do that anymore. i KNOW it will come off. i'm just following the rules, doing what i'm suppose to be doing and seeing the results with all the clothes i promised myself i wouldn't buy yet. ha ha. i have heard it's very possible we will lose nothing for a month even. our body has to "catch up" and acclimate. . hasn't happened yet. phew!
DJJCHARRIS
on 6/21/04 3:34 am - Winchendon, MA
Hi Tammi, you are doing great meltin away !! You will melt again soon, your body is just trying to figure out what is going on. I myself had RNY on 1/8/04 at Umass in Worcester and I am down 78 lbs. Been stuck on a plateau for a month now, with the hopes it will break soon. I usually check this board every day if I can and I just love it. You get so much advise and ideas. Best wishes. Dawn
Donna D.
on 6/21/04 5:45 am - Randolph, MA
What an accomplishment Tammi. Relax & don't be so hard on yourself. It will break, just keep the fluids & protien coming Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views